1 inch brass union compression fitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

cmose

Reaction score
Does anyone know anywhere online that I could purchase a 1 inch brass union with ferule and compression nut? I've got a whole house water filter housing with 1 inch female ports and was planning on using a brass compression fitting it hook it into the 1 inch copper household plumbing. Haven't found a plumbing supply in my area that carries anything above 3/4'' brass unions/fittings.

Barring that, any better suggestions for hooking in the water filter housing?

Forgot to mention, local plumbing supply sold me a pair of these (same fitting listed here https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?41471-What-kind-of-union-fitting-is-this-Ford-Fitting) and suggested I use those instead. Good idea/bad idea?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I have not seen 1" CTS compression fittings.

For water filters, I like copper male sweat unions.

wp33-4-16-3.jpg

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Does anyone know anywhere online that I could purchase a 1 inch brass union with ferule and compression nut? I've got a whole house water filter housing with 1 inch female ports and was planning on using a brass compression fitting it hook it into the 1 inch copper household plumbing. Haven't found a plumbing supply in my area that carries anything above 3/4'' brass unions/fittings.

Barring that, any better suggestions for hooking in the water filter housing?

Forgot to mention, local plumbing supply sold me a pair of these (same fitting listed here https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?41471-What-kind-of-union-fitting-is-this-Ford-Fitting) and suggested I use those instead. Good idea/bad idea?

Thanks!

Try a good hydraulic and instrumentation fitting supplier. The fitting is made.

cmose

Reaction score
Thanks! Is there any particular reason NOT to use the fittings I linked to in the initial post? I already have the things so I'm tempted to use them if they'll do the trick.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks