1 inch brass union compression fitting?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by cmose, Jan 24, 2012.

1. cmose

cmose New Member

Does anyone know anywhere online that I could purchase a 1 inch brass union with ferule and compression nut? I've got a whole house water filter housing with 1 inch female ports and was planning on using a brass compression fitting it hook it into the 1 inch copper household plumbing. Haven't found a plumbing supply in my area that carries anything above 3/4'' brass unions/fittings.

Barring that, any better suggestions for hooking in the water filter housing?

Forgot to mention, local plumbing supply sold me a pair of these (same fitting listed here http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?41471-What-kind-of-union-fitting-is-this-Ford-Fitting) and suggested I use those instead. Good idea/bad idea?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

I have not seen 1" CTS compression fittings.

For water filters, I like copper male sweat unions.

wp33-4-16-3.jpg
  3. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

Try a good hydraulic and instrumentation fitting supplier. The fitting is made.
  4. cmose

cmose New Member

Thanks! Is there any particular reason NOT to use the fittings I linked to in the initial post? I already have the things so I'm tempted to use them if they'll do the trick.