1 flange bolt?

Users who are viewing this thread

mrk4567

Reaction score
Okay, so I just installed the toilet...with one flange bolt. As I was tightening up the 2nd one, it somehow came loose and pullet out of the slot. Being lazy and not wanting to make the trip to the store for another wax donut, I decided to leave it as is. The toilet does not rock at all, so I caulked it and was done with it. But I can't help but shake the nagging feeling that this is going to cause problems.

So despite the fact that the toiltet feels solid and doesn't move a mm, do you think just one bolt is going to be a major problem?

If I see a leak, I'll take it up, but I'm concerned about what I might not see.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
I wouldn't leave it that way. Go buy the full size closet bolts. You may have used cheaper 1/4" cl. bolts.
Or try to put a brass washer on the bolt. Take a notch out of the washer and force it on the bolt under the flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks