1.5" vent and revent

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by lmei007, May 24, 2011.

1. lmei007

lmei007 Member

My 1st floor tub drain has a 1.5" vent. I am thinking move and add a vent for my basement counter sink horizontal drain. Can I connect the planned vent to that 1.5" vent? thanks,
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can connect the two vents together at 6" above the highest fixture flood level.

[​IMG]
  3. lmei007

lmei007 Member

greate! thanks
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; You can connect the two vents together at 6" above the highest fixture flood level.

Technically, the requirement is 6" above the highest flood level OR 42" above the floor whichever is HIGHEST.