1/4" Pex to 1/4" compression for Ice Maker

Users who are viewing this thread

Shelbycobra427

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect a water/icemaker supply line to the refrigerator for a friend. Her house is new construction and the plumbers left a 1/4" PEX line (3/8 O.D.) sticking out of the floor behind the fridge. The fridge has a 1/4" (male) compression fitting, ready for a braided 1/4" icemaker line.

I'm wondering on the best way to connect the supply line to the fridge. I know I can use a 3/8" compression fitting on the supply line pex and even one that reduces to 1/4" compression (male) output. The problem is that both of these are male compression ends. I know I can connect a 1/4" braided stainless line to both and call it a day, but there's plenty of pex available to connect directly and I'd prefer to have as few connections as possible. Any ideas?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks