1/2" to 1/2" compression shut-off for Toto TL960SDC

Users who are viewing this thread

jdoering

Reaction score
I'm trying to install a Toto TL960SDC; but didn't notice that it would come with pre-attached 1/2" hoses. My shut-off is 3/8" compression; I think that's relatively standard?

Anyway, I saw an old post on this forum on a similar question about availability of the Brasscraft KTCR34C that should fit my situation. But apparently it isn't easy to order online. I haven't tried a local (Seattle-area) supply house yet; I tend to just let the UPS truck bring harder to find things.

Am I missing some obvious solution (a readily available adapter or something)? Why does the Toto faucet come with a pre-attached hose of this size rather than 3/8"; the actual hose and faucet connection is tiny anyway? I assume it must be common somewhere (or with iron pipes or something?).

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just use a standard lav connector (3/8 comp x 1/2 ip) with a 1/2" brass nipple between.
Any hardware store will have these.

soiree_faucet_side.jpg

This thing is so heavy you can pound nails with it.
But don't, it's too nice looking to do that to it.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

ANY halfway decent hardware store or supply house will have shutoff valves with a 1/2" outlet. They are usually right next to the ones with 3/8" outlets.

jdoering

Reaction score
Thanks all. It's an exposed pedestal sink so the brass nipple solution would be a lot of hose tucked not very far out of sight; but I'll probably do that temporarily if the local hardware store doesn't have the 1/2" shutoff. I wasn't sure if chaining things together like that was okay.

I'll probably pick up the shutoff as a permanent solution; go find a real supply house if necessary.

-Jeff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks