1/2 bath layout

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by mikebr75, Dec 19, 2009.

1. mikebr75

mikebr75 New Member

Hi- I need help with a vent question- I am installing a 1/2 bath in 1st floor pantry of a 100 year old house. The main stack is about 22' away. The stack picks up a 2nd floor bath and continues through the roof as a vent. Is it possible to use a struder vent in the half bath? If I try to get to the attic can I tie into an existing 2" vent that continues to the main 4" - The flow will be wc 3"- then lav sink 1 1/2 to 3" - to main 4"- Thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You can tie into the vent 42" above the flood plane of the highest thing draining into it...the easiest is probably the attic. Avoid an AAV whenever possible as they can fail.
  3. mikebr75

mikebr75 New Member

Thanks Jim- would I tie in after the WC where the lav ties into the 3"? I would use 3x3xx2 wye, 2", then a tee for the lav and continue up to the attic with the 2"?