Search results

1. Althea Later

pH problems

Thanks for your input. The mixed bed is working great as long as I use the citric acid. Water quality deteriorates with out it and I noticed calcium buildup in my old softener head which was also a mixed bed. Would it be better to have a soda ash feeder to control pH? I hate adding hardness...
  2. Althea Later

pH problems

We have tested negative for coliform in the past. We have a UV light as well. I have been testing the pH multiple times throughout the day. After washing clothes, running the dishwasher, running water etc I never get anything lower than 9.2. It just seems wrong that calcite would raise the pH...
  3. Althea Later

pH problems

So now my water is keeping you up at night too!;) Kinetico recommended use 1/2 cup of citric acid between 40lbs. I have done 1/4cup between 20lbs just for a more even application. I got the tds meter to see where my tds was after the neutralizer, calculate my Langelier index (corrosion...
  4. Althea Later

pH problems

We use a RO at the sink for our drinking water to remove sodium and chloride before we drink it.
  5. Althea Later

pH problems

The Kinetico backwashes at 2 gpm because it is a mixed bed. Do you think I should stay at the current settings?
  6. Althea Later

pH problems

The pH=6.2 before neutralizer and 9.4 after neutralizer. My TDS=205 after neutralizer. The raw water tds=135. I got the tds meter so I could figure out my corrosion index. I read that if your water is clean- no iron- the neutralizer wouldn’t need to backwash as often. I was hoping not to use...
  7. Althea Later

pH problems

It is a backwashing down flow after the Kinetico. They tried to put it before the Kinetico even though the raw water is neutral. It bogged the Kinetico down and the pH was still low. It’s performing so much better now the neutralizer is after. I have a TDS meter arriving any minute. Now that...
  8. Althea Later

pH problems

Check out the raw vs treated water. It’s pretty incredible
  9. Althea Later

pH problems

Ha! It’s a dual tank each 0.7 cubic ft of cation and 0.3 of tannin in each, it switches back and forth so you always have great water. Regenerates countercurrent with soft water, salt and citric acid layered between the bags of salt. Super efficient
  10. Althea Later

pH problems

The tannin plus is a mixed cation/anion unit. My raw water was too hard to do a tannin filter first. So basically I had resign myself to some hardness from the neutralizer (still better than the raw water) or replace my neutralizer with a bicarbonate injector. I thought about trying a...
  11. Althea Later

pH problems

You are exactly right! This process has been a comedy of errors but at least we are on the right track. The Kinetico is doing a beautiful job cleaning our hard, high iron, tannin filled water. Love the product but not impressed with the service we have received.
  12. Althea Later

pH problems

Thanks for your thoughts. The neutralizer has been bedded in the past with calcite/corosex blend. The media was very depleted so the service guy claims he replenished with calcite only. Everything I have read states that calcite won’t overcorrect so this is puzzling. I would rather have scale...
  13. Althea Later

pH problems

We recently installed a new Kinetico 2060s tannin plus. Our pH has gone from 7.0 (raw water)to 6.3 after treatment that was causing copper leaching to the pipes. Our water person refreshed the neutralizer with calcite. I’m now getting pH=9.5! I have backwashed the vessel multiple times, still...