Search results

1. jgbfl

New guy here with a few questions

The pumps were shallow well jet pumps with 2'' wells about 60' deep, exposed to the elements here in Florida and yes that inof itself contributed to their demise. The pump would cycle with 1 toilet flush. Larger bladder tank and I got 8-10 flushes. Still I believe the CSV has a very valid...
  2. jgbfl

New guy here with a few questions

Valveman, I have been following this thread among others and have listened intensly to both sides of this argument. I am not a well/pump expert but as a superintendent building large projects (over 10 mil$$) I am exposed to mechcanical systems the average person never sees. I feel this gives me...
  3. jgbfl

Dual Check Valve Question

Rancher, Thanks for the response. I have plumbed the tank from the top with an air gap, hence the agitation of the water releases the trapped sulfer. I informed the inspector that I do in fact have an air gap where the water from the house could never be siphoned back into the well. He said...
  4. jgbfl

Dual Check Valve Question

I spoke with the plumbing inspector about my final inspections for my new house. He informed me that I would need a dual check valve installed between the storage tank and the well head. He would not accept the fact that the submersible pump has a check valve on it. My question is, will...
  5. jgbfl

Priming point for shallow well pump

Why does the pump section remind me of a pool pump? I suppose it would work. I am not an expert on well pumps but are not pool pump impellers & shallow well pump impellers different? If it is a pool pump, I don't think they are designed to draw water from a depth of more then a foot or two...
  6. jgbfl

My Well & Pump System Thanks to All

More and 1 of the front of the house
  7. jgbfl

My Well & Pump System Thanks to All

Thanks to everyone that took the time to offer advise & suggestions while I put this system together. I am quite pleased with the results & so far it is performing flawlessly. I will be adding a chlorinater soon & possibly a 2nd storage tank. We have 6 in our family and on occasion, large water...
  8. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

Bob, I have 1 float switch that controls the solenoid valve that allows water to enter the aerator tank. It is configured electrically like this: 115v circuit to a J-box which houses a 115v/24v stepdown transformer. The float switch controls the 115v feed to the 24v stepdown transformer. When...
  9. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

It may very well work out that that way. I'll do most of my irrigating during off peak hours. Even the county water restrictions state to water at night. I'll have maybe 2 zones that will have long throw rotors to cover grassy areas and even 1 of those areas is my septic drain field. All the...
  10. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

Valveman you are correct although I am controlling water to sources in a much simpler fashion. Pump in well is controlled by pressure switch w/bladder tank. Irrigation on same source is controlled by zone valves which are under pressure. Water demand to aerator tank is controlled via float...
  11. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

Thanks Bob, I did look at that system and its a bit out of my price range. I think the feed pump is the way I will go. With a family of 4 how much chlorine would I expect to use say per week/month or how often would the solution tank need to be filled? I did take all of your experts advise...
  12. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

Valveman I do not have a booster pump. System is designed with 2 submersible pumps. 1 in the well that brings water to a holding/aerator tank to reduce sulfer smell, & provide water to the irrigation system. The 2nd submersible pump hanging in the aerator supplies water to the house only. Here...
  13. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

Valveman, I have 2 pumps, 1 in the well that will fill the storage tank & supply water for the irrigation. The 2nd pump, hanging in the storage tank supplies water only to the house. The 1st pump in the well will directly feed water to the irrgation system when needed, if the storage...
  14. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

Great info Valveman, The recovery of this pump is quick and that may be the only down fall of the system I built. I am considering installing another bladder tank to cut the pump cycling down as well as a 2nd holding tank. Right now the 2nd pump installed in the aerator doesn't start even...
  15. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

Thanks speedbump, The model pump I have is the Rustler if that makes a difference. What is the expected service life of a pump like this, say that my water quality is good, I have no or very little iron, typ. Fl sulfer content & so far, no major sediment intrusion. Does your experience...
  16. jgbfl

Myers Pump Performance

Can I get any opinions, pro/cons or longevity experience with this particular pump? I installed one at 100' in a 120' deep well. Pump is working great, good recovery time, 20+ gpm. I was curious about the pumps lifetime performance. Thank you Jeff...
  17. jgbfl

Laundry discharge

Lee Do you have a link to the large lint filter you described in your post? I'm looking into installing one at our home. Thanks
  18. jgbfl

I Need a Soleniod Valve

Rancher, I had posted that question earlier and thank you for confirming. Do you think the irigation valve will work ok then? Jeff
  19. jgbfl

I Need a Soleniod Valve

The level control sensor looks good but as I already have the float switch I will use it. The other consideration is that this 1 pump will provide water for the storage tank as well as the irrigation system. I need to separate the irrigation demand from the storage tank demand. They may or may...
  20. jgbfl

I Need a Soleniod Valve

Would not the 110v rated float switch control this valve? A friend of mine has his system set up this way. I would use a normally closed valve, when demand was met, valve would close, pump would shut down when pressure was met. When water was needed float switch would open valve etc....
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks