Search results

1. Ewstan

Hose Bib Leaking Inside

Thanks, Gary. ewstan
  2. Ewstan

Hose Bib Leaking Inside

My son didn't remove the hoses from his freeze proof hose bibs last winter. Now one of them sprays water through the hole in the band joist when the valve is opened. Does this indicate that the pipe is ruptured between the valve seat inside the house and the hose bib outside the house...
  3. Ewstan

Sewer Gas Problem

I've had one of the Fluidmaster waxless seals for a couple of years and decided dry fit it to the off-vertical pipe. It appeared to be able to compensate for the slight off-vertical pipe while maintaining a good seal in the pipe and at the toilet horn. So I installed it, slightly shimmed the...
  4. Ewstan

Sewer Gas Problem

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a toilet installed on a tile over concrete floor. The flange is approx 1/4" above the tile. The floor is reasonably flat requiring slight shimming, 1/8", at front and right front. After installation the toilet is level and does not rock. Over the past 10 years...
  5. Ewstan

Basement Pipe Chase Leak

Thanks Guys, The wall is not leaking, just the chase. I'll use the hydraulic cement and elastic coating. The big chore will be getting the hedges and groundcover out so I can get the proper slope away from the wall. Wray
  6. Ewstan

Basement Pipe Chase Leak

Thanks, hj. Apply from both sides of the wall? Wray
  7. Ewstan

Basement Pipe Chase Leak

Gents, Last Fall as Tropical Storm Ivan was passing through PA, I heard the sound of running water behind the paneled wall in the basement. I pulled a section of paneling down and discovered a god awful mess. A steady stream of muddy water was flowing around the waste pipe where it exits the...
  8. Ewstan

How To Repair Broken Pipe

Paul, The Ram bit did a great job. Thanks for the tip. Wray
  9. Ewstan

Now that is a nice tool, Paul. Thanks, Wray
  10. Ewstan

Thanks for the information. I've always assumed that once PVC was glued together the pieces became as "one". You're saying that if I cut a slot in the section of pipe left in the socket I can break the bond between the pipe and the socket? If I decide to use one of the other suggested...
  11. Ewstan

Gentlepeople, I have atteched, I think, an image of a broken PVC pipe. The pipe goes to the tub drain and connects to the socket in a 3" 90 degree fitting in the bathroom plumbing. The break is just to the left of the electrical cable. Is there an acceptable way to repair this break...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks