Search results

1. SC Handyman

Static Pressure Drop After Pump Shuts Off

Sorry "whole house" filters offend you. I guess that name was given to them by the GE marketing group. I had a lot of silt and sand in my water before. The pump is down about 300' and hasn't been pulled for over 12 years. I have the filter installed after everything but the tank because I wanted...
  2. SC Handyman

Many Thanks! There is no problem with the increase in psi. I actually needed a little more to overcome the low tap pressure upstairs. I don't think we have a radon problem here, but that's something I didn't know about the radioactivity.
  3. SC Handyman

Thanks for the quick reply! It is a submersed system, ~ 350'. I guess a picture would be good here. I got the part about the added gauge, and the PRV valve makes sense. If I add the PRV, what should the relief pressure be set at? Will it act to relieve the diff. in PSI each time the pump...
  4. SC Handyman

Just installed a new bladder tank on my home system. I have adjusted the pressure switch for cut in a 40 psi and shut off ~ 62 psi. Inline on the 1" supply line I have a flow control valve, the pressure switch, a GE large capacity whole house filter, and last the tank. The pump cuts in and off...
  5. SC Handyman

Help with maintaining pressure

It is an all clay soil. What's with the filter location? Is it the problem it could cause if the filter became clogged? Thanks for you "no comment" recommendation!
  6. SC Handyman

I rolled the dice on the check valve install and the leakdown stopped. It was a substantial loss, about 5 psi/min. Is it logical that the leak must be below the water table or else I would be pumping some air? I do have a filter but it is on the pump side of the tank. There is about 100'...
  7. SC Handyman

I've seen some postings about the pros and cons of using a check valve to solve pressure loss on the well side of the system. I installed a check valve about 2 years ago with no "apparent" problems. How can I troubleshoot this problem without pulling the pump unless the leakback is in the well...
  8. SC Handyman

Improving water pressure

Help with Improving water pressure My well system is about 22 years now. It is a 350' submerged system. The pump is a General 220v. about 11 years old. The well head is about 100 ft. from the crawl space where the 22 yr. old 36 gal. diaphram tank and 1 year old pressure switch is located. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks