Search results

1. tate16t

Dripping water inside the return

Hey guys, I came home this evening to the sound of dripping water. My home central AC unit was dripping water inside the return. I removed the filter and saw water dripping. There was a small puddle. I turned the unit off and called for service. I’m curious what can cause this to occur. Can...
  2. tate16t

Glacier Bay Modern Low Arch Faucet replacement braided supply lines

Hello all, I have a bathroom faucet similar to the one below. The faucet connector cable is screwed inside the bottom of the faucet, pretty far within the body. One of the connectors needs to be replaced. Is there a way to access the connector so that it can be unscrewed and replaced? Thanks
  3. tate16t

Joining two faucet supply lines

I have a Kohler kitchen faucet. It has 3/8” supply hoses running from the faucet under the sink, one looks like this...
  4. tate16t

Winterizing Sprinkler

Hey guys, I would like to verify the process to winterize my sprinkler system. I have done this previously with my air compressor but had my backflow preventer replaced which is very different from the previous one. Attached is a link to a pic of my backflow. Can someone assist me with the...
  5. tate16t

Condenser Fan Issues

Hey guys, My home condenser fan stops running after 15 minutes or so. I installed a new motor and capacitor and I still have the same issue. I also noticed today the larger copper pipe to the condenser does not get cold. What might be the possible causes?
  6. tate16t

Install Cost

Hey guys, Had a plumber come out and give an estimate of $739.00 to install a check valve and hose bib assembly for a feed to my sprinkler system. Is this on the high end?
  7. tate16t

VSF38-19 3/8"

I have a Kohler Kitchen faucet and have a VSF38-19 3/8" connector coming from it however it's not long enough to reach the shutoff valve (hot water). I purchased a 20" faucet connector twice now from the box store but the connector itself breaks after some time. It seems the pressure is too...
  8. tate16t

Hot water coming out slow

The hot water from my kitchen faucet is coming out slow. I think I may have a blockage somewhere. Also, I had a leak via one 3/8 inch connector that I replaced yesterday. After replacing the connector hot water continues to drain slowly. I would like to replace the smaller cable connector in the...
  9. tate16t

Bathtub Drain

Hello guys, The pipe (#12) indicated in the attached diagram in my home is slightly damaged at the top (perhaps 1/4 of it) I'm assuming due to rust. I believe I damaged it while attempting to replace the drain. It's leaking slightly. Is there a fitting I can use to fix this, keeping in mind the...
  10. tate16t

Odor from AC Vents

There is a musty odor coming from two of my AC vents in my living room which are located in the ceiling of my home. I have a very old (10+yrs old) Central AC unit and compressor. I haven't turned it on yet this season. The only thing I’ve done directly related to my AC unit is remove the...
  11. tate16t

Outdoor faucet repair

Hey guys, I'm in need of a little direction on repairing my outdoor faucet. As you will see a crack has appeared. Can someone offer suggestions on how to fix this. The downspout leads to my outdoor sprinkler system.
  12. tate16t

Slow Flush/Running at times

I noticed my toilet flushes slowly and doesn't have as much force. A few times within the last few weeks it did not flush at all and the water level would rise. When this occurred I would plunge it and it would seem ok for while and then the same problem would return. Also, it runs for about...
  13. tate16t

Dryer Hookup

I'm in NY. We're replace an existing dryer. It is hardwired. A cable is coming from the dryer to a steel utility box. The cable coming from the wall is black with a black and white cable with a copper ground cable coming from it. They connect within the steel utility box to the dryer cable. I...
  14. tate16t

Porcelain Tile cleaner

Could someone please recommend a porcelain tile cleaner. thanks
  15. tate16t

Crack isolation membrane?

Can someone recommend a crack isolation membrane. I'm doing procelain tile over a concrete slab where some cracks exist. Thanks in advance.
  16. tate16t

Drain Install

I'm new to the forum and have searched for a topic related to mine but was unable to fine anything so here goes my problem... I just installed my drain and PVC plumbing. The opening from the wall comes in from the side which extends about 21" to the drain. Once connected there's a slight...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks