Search results

1. TerryT

Proper toilet flange

I've seen plastic flanges at HD, that have a rubber like seal on the outside of it. It looks as if the seal is slightly tappered. Apparently it just gets inserted into the pipe and the rubber seals it. Have you seen/used these?
  2. TerryT

Proper toilet flange

I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel and need to know which type of toilet flange to use that goes into a cast iron drain. Any sealer used? Thanks!
  3. TerryT

Shower valve assembly

Hi guys! You help is appreciated. I'm installing a new shower valve. I am wondering if I should use the union connections supplied or just solder the supply lines into the valve body itself. I'm concerned about heat to hot and cold valve assemblies. Do the come out easily, to avoid any heat...
  4. TerryT

Vapor barrier behind pre -fab shower surround?

I have recieved a few responses in my earlier posts on tub surrounds. I appreciate all of who helped. But, some say put a vapor barrier up. I know this is used behind cement board before tiling, but I'm using the large surround kit which is water proof already. So, is there indeed a need for...
  5. TerryT

Maybe a dumb question, but.........

......since I'm a DIY'er, I 'd like to know which set up is better, if there is one. On the connection between a brass tub drain and the plastic P trap, what would you prefer. Its a brass drain going to plasic trap. 1) Use the supplied brass tailpiece screwed into the drain, and use a plastic...
  6. TerryT

Tailpice question

Thanks guys. I know you cant glue brass to plastic. I meant to maybe glue a plastic tailpiece to the trap and lower the tub on it using a slip nut and washer on the outside coarse threads of the drain. This is because like I said, with the current set-up , the tailpiece connection on the trap...
  7. TerryT

Tailpice question

Here is a pic of the dry fit. Notice that the adapter for the tailpiece on the right, is lower than the bottom edge of the traps exit. This is where the water problem,in my opinion, may be. I cant really add to the adapter side, because when the tub is in place, there is only about 2 inches of...
  8. TerryT

Tailpice question

I am installing a Gerber overflow/drain on my new tub. The pic. is in the link.My question is it comes with a brass tailpiece that has fine threads on it. I know it can screw up into the T. On the T itself are larger threads where the tailpiece goes in. What are these for? I am planning to go...
  9. TerryT

Vapor barrier required???

Its one of the 5 panel glue on kits I bought at HD. Going over an insulated wall. This is it, http://www.asbcorp.com/subcategory.cfm?subcatid=79 Should I go a different route, or is this OK? Some opinions before I get started on the shower/tub area are appreciated. All there is now is studs...
  10. TerryT

Vapor barrier required???

If I'm using a shower surround over greenboard,do I need a vapor barrier between the studs and board? Or should I forget the greenboard and use cement board? I have to admit that looking at all the different threads,I get more and more confused on what to use. Your opinions and suggestions are...
  11. TerryT

Tub surround help.

Thanks. Is there a problem with doing the walls first, then placing the tub? It would make the surround go right down the wall and smoothly over the flange. Wouldnt the way you describe leave a void between the flange and back of the bottom edges of the surround,since they are different...
  12. TerryT

Tub surround help.

Hi. I'm new here on this forum . I've been pulling my hair out with indecisions, so I thought I'd ask here. I gutted out my bathroom, and am installing a new tub and using a 5 piece tub surround. My questions are , Can I install greenboard first,place in the tub and attach to studs, then...
  13. TerryT

Tub surround question

Hi. I'm new here on this forum . I've been pulling my hair out with indecisions, so I thought I'd ask here. I gutted out my bathroom, and am installing a new tub and using a 5 piece tub surround. My questions are , Can I install greenboard first,place in the tub and attach to studs, then...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks