Search results

1. santhony7

Heated Mirror Idea

I wanted to hear from the professionals about this idea. I need a heated mirror in my shower and I don't want it to be electric. So my idea is to create my own mirror that is heated with the hot water supply. Do you think it would be possible using a heat exchanger like pictured? Just attach a...
  2. santhony7

Venting basement fixtures with limited options

I am re-doing my basement plumbing. Currently, all these fixtures have their own AAV because there was no wall to run a vent. However, I was able to make one recently so I thought I would go ahead and try to vent these correctly. The only issue is that I will have to go horizontal to get there...
  3. santhony7

Drain under slab

I am wanting to run a 3” drain pipe under my basement. The pipe needs to run 18’ to reach the main pipe. The main pipe is only about 6.5” below the slab. I know I need about a 4.5” drop at that length. But that would leave me with only 2” of gravel and cement. Any wiggle room in these numbers...
  4. santhony7

Is this a "wet vent"? Would this be okay for most local codes?

I am completely re-doing my plumbing. The blue lines are my waste and the black dots are vents that go through the roof (well, they will combine in the attic). Large blue circle is the "stack". Is the venting setup for the toilets set up okay? 4.Toilet uses 5.Lav vent and 7.Toilet uses 6.Shower...
  5. santhony7

How do you calculate the flood level of a toilet?

I know that vents need to be 6" above flood level rim before they can be horizontal but what is the flood level rim of a toilet since the P-trap is in the toilet? Sorry if it is a dumb question.
  6. santhony7

Vent My Bathroom Please

I know this is a LOT to ask but in case someone feels like playing around with it. I am trying to vent 2 bathrooms. The diagram shows my foundation and the walls on the first floor. All plumbing is in the basement. All waste goes down that long 4" run on the right. I can't run any venting up any...
  7. santhony7

Horizontal Venting

I am having trouble finding information about horizontal venting (in Colorado). I know that a vent needs to be within X distance of the trap of a given fixture. If I were to vent within that distance but only vent up a few inches before going horizontal would that be ok? I need to make a run to...
  8. santhony7

Basic lav rough in

I have a really really noob question. How do you rough in the ABS for a lav so that it is flush with the wall? Right now I have a 2" pipe coming up through the floor in the wall going into a 2" x 2" X 1 1/2" sanitary T. That alone makes the 1 1/2 end stick out pretty far from the wall. Once I...
  9. santhony7

DWV mockup

OK, here is my first try at a design for 2 toilets, a lav and a bath/shower. Did I even get close???
  10. santhony7

Easy vent question

I think. Does the whole venting thing have to happen before a fixture? If I had a toilet and a lav on one straight run of 3" pipe, could one 2" vent be run up the wall between the two? The toilet is about 4 feet from the sink in a different room so they both would be about 2 feet from the 2"...
  11. santhony7

Roof pincushion

I am currently renovating a 1940s home 100% solo. I am adding two bathrooms back to back and was wondering how to avoid turning my roof into a pincushion of vent stacks. All and all I want to do things the right way but what is the best way to reduce the amount of vents through the roof? Can I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks