Search results

1. L

toilet doesn't line up with flange

Thanks for the help. The center of my toilet drain is about 9.5" to 10" from the wall. I've already purchased my toilet but it sound like I may have to get one of the 10" model toilets. The existing flange has already been set in place.
  2. L

toilet doesn't line up with flange

Hello, I'm working on installing a toilet in my basement. Well when they roughed in my toilet drain they were not careful to make sure the bolts would be 12" from the wall. The center of my flange installed with the rough in) is now about 1" offset from the center of my toilet hole. My...
  3. L

Sump pump runs continuosly

Ok, I did some more searching online and I think I could be having airlock??? The remedies say to drill a weep hole into my ejecting pipe below my check valve. What do you guys think?
  4. L

I followed all of the above advice. I took the sump pump out of the pit and cleaned it out (both the pump and the pit). I pulled out a lot of debris. After reinstalling the pump everything was working fine. So I believed my problem was solved. Until today. Today's project was to install...
  5. L

I'm having trouble with my sump pump. It is running continuously and not pumping out any water. I checked the float and it is all the way raised as there is sufficient water in the pit to raise the float. However no water is being ejected from the pit. The float is fully operational. When I...
  6. L

fiberglass shower faucet cutout

I have to cut out a hole in my three piece fiberglass shower for the faucet. Is there a standard size the cutout should be? I think I remember seeing that the hole should be 4.5" (large enough for the faucet but small enough that the trim plate covers it).
  7. L

soldering prices

Thanks everyone Thank you all for the replies. I have not fluxed any of the joints yet. Just made my cuts and cleaned the joints. I'll do some practicing and give it a try!
  8. L

soldering prices

Hello, I am finishing a basement bathroom. I have done all of the dry fitting for my copper piping. I'm debating whether or not I should finish the job and do the soldering myself or if I should hire that work out to a professional plumber. Does anyone have any idea of what a plumber would...
  9. L

basement shower p trap

Thanks I dug the dap out a little deeper and was able to line up the trap with the drain. Thanks so much to both of you for the help!
  10. L

basement shower p trap

have a question on installing a trap for a basement shower. The basement was rouged in for a shower. There is a 12" x 12" dap out with a 2" drain pipe. However the dap out is very close to the ground and in a corner of the dap out. In order to center the drain with the hole in the shower...
  11. L

Basement Dap Out has Water

Water Table Thanks for the reply. My initial thought is to put a plastic sheathing underneath the trap and drain and fill the dap out with concrete. Any thoughts on that?
  12. L

Basement Dap Out has Water

Hello, I'm fairly new to plumbing and am attempting to finish off a basement bathroom. The vent/waste system was roughed in during construction of the home. A dap out was left for the shower drain. It was not trapped and only a stub of 2" pvc protrudes into the dap out space. The drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks