Search results

1. Dan

Cut copper tub spout too short: nipple extension?

ended up cutting out the pipe, reconnecting with push-to-fit and worked out all good with the original delta spout adapter. so i still had to modify but instead of soldering the tub spout adapter i cut the down pipe from the mixer to the spout from the access door behind.
  2. Dan

thanks for the reference. i think i'll try C-4 if the adapter i purchased is the 'right' one. solder on a straight coupling + 1/2" copper pipe then solder on the spout adapter. i assume there needs to be a bunch of solder to make a 'solid' connection around the adapter and copper tube?
  3. Dan

ok fantastic. well i think soldering a straight coupling + soldering on the adapter is most straight forward thing to do. and allows me to change things up if i mess up (not sure if there are wicks for plumbing like there is for smaller electronics, i could use my soldering wicks but that would...
  4. Dan

unfortunately the 'slip-on' (i.e. 'set screw') version of the adapter doesn't have enough clearance for a straight coupling. i ordered the threaded adapter. once i receive the threaded version of the adapter i have a few options to choose from: - solder on straight coupling + solder/tack...
  5. Dan

ok, yes, i will go try to fit it. if it fits then there isn't a problem i'll solder a union of two pipes and be on my way. only thing to worry about is the kerdi tub spout seal melting. but i can caulk/seal a different way.
  6. Dan

thanks for the reference. i'm confused as to how a coupling is soldered on. for the adapter i have the hole through with the copper pipe goes is a very snug fit. i haven't tried yet but i imagine adding a straight coupling would be too bulky to fit inside the adapter. i would then need to move...
  7. Dan

Thanks. the restriction would be a short distance, unlike PEX where the restriction is all the way the length of the PEX tube. I do understand there is this reduction of volume. I think the threaded adapter is likely the best route at this point
  8. Dan

forgot to add the image of the copper for the tub spout: it's about 2 inches from the tiled wall
  9. Dan

i have a delta tub faucet i'm installing. i see other posts about this. i'm wondering if this product that slips inside the 1/2" copper pipe would work? it would restrict flow a bit but would it matter all that much? this sioux chief product...
  10. Dan

DIY bathroom sink galvanized --> PVC

update: passed inspection! woohoo! moving onto electric (adding dedicated 20-amp circuit for receptacles in bathroom).
  11. Dan

PVC 90-degree long sweep 'turned' at an angle?

Update: Passed inspection! Woohoo! Moving onto electric (adding dedicated 20-amp circuit for receptacles in bathroom).
  12. Dan

Well here's the junction of the cast iron stack with the galvanized steel vent pipe. Seems the insertion point into the cast iron is threaded as I don't see any of the 'leaded' material in the other vertical joints along the cast iron stack. if the insertion point into the cast iron is...
  13. Dan

DIY bathroom sink galvanized --> PVC

update here: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/pvc-90-degree-long-sweep-turned-at-an-angle.89738/
  14. Dan

Yea not sure if I should replace it.. I just am trying to to minimal work and anything connected to the main stack looks like its soldered in. That sounds like a massive headache. once its all clean looks like using a fernco donut makes life really easy. But getting there may be a pain in the...
  15. Dan

Here is what I ended up doing. Using a 22.5-degree street elbow and rotating the 'combo' PVC. If I goofed this up too i'm selling the house.....
  16. Dan

got it. just got me some street 22.5-degree fittings. i'm hoping one 22.5-degree street + 90-degree 'combo' will do the job. i have a 2nd 22.5-degree street fitting in case. i couldn't find whether it is up-to-code to join 2 street fittings together but given they are 22.5-degrees i can't...
  17. Dan

the original pipe is a wye with a 45-degree elbow. im' wondering if using a wye + a 45-degree elbow would be easiest rather than the long sweep? if i go wye + 45-degree elbow route, does the 45 degree need to be a 'street' fitting or can i but a straight piece of pipe in between the 45-degree...
  18. Dan

also heres a photo of a stand in down pipe and long sweep lined up vertically
  19. Dan

Wayne I appreciate your suggestions. I want to confirm that it is up to code to 'rotate' the long sweep (see circled portion thumbnail image i borrowed below) as i think you're suggesting in the first option? in other words the 'sweep' coming up does not need to be perfectly vertical? For...
  20. Dan

Hi all, once again here for some help: can I turn a PVC 90-degree long sweep elbow slightly towards its side? The problem is the plumbing below my bathroom is not in line with the wall above it. I am replacing some old steel 1.5" drain pipe and when I took the section out it is not perfectly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks