Search results

1. J

Pipes Hammer when pump cuts out

jodan I did the back down test. Pump cut out at 60, 61#'s. House off it dropped 2#'s in about the 10 min. I let it set for 30, and still was at 2#'s loss. I did watch the points and they did not move at all once they cut out. Looks like two options left. Dump some cash on a pump pull and hope...
  2. J

jodan i do not here anything at the control box. The hammering is the pipe i have the spot pin pointed. i have secured it, it is at a free standing setion of pipe 6'' from the concrete wall. i have built brackets and drilled them into the concrete and fastened the pipe. it did quiet the hammer...
  3. J

Jodan Okay, Speedbump got me thinking. The pressure was at 50 and was not calling for the pump. I drained it down and it kicked back on. Randy the sound is similar to the rat a tat tat. Its like a diaphram pump and hits between 4 and 5 times
  4. J

jodan I just did a stupid stunt. I cut the power to the pump while it was on. When i turned it back on it didn't start back up. I have a franklin electric control box teh two reset buttons have been push. no luck. Any guesses
  5. J

jodan I found out the well information from a well drilling company off of his platte map. He quoted me the names dates and address, so it should be good info. As for teh man that put the well in, i have left another of many messages on his phone with no response yet.
  6. J

jodan It appears i have two issues. But i do know the tank was bad. Sam i know you want a check valve at the tank. But i still want my hydrant to work and it is to cold to run the second line to the hydrant, at least for me to want to do right now with frost. How difficult is the pulling of the...
  7. J

jodan I have installed the new tank. It did not fix the hammer. I did check the old tank before i removed it. Confirmed bad. I did check the new tank pressure, i had to had air to get it to the 38#. I did all of that before install. I then ran the pump and filled the system. I then ran...
  8. J

jodan i suspected that. What about pressure drop in the bladder.
  9. J

jodan I will get a tank, its cheaper than pulling the well. The only thing that puzzles me is that when i and the well man checked the bladder pressure it read 40#. Correct me if i am wrong but wouldn't the pressure in the bladder go down and also introduce air into the pipes in the house?
  10. J

jodan As in my reply on the 22nd the hammer occurs only when the pump turns off. As for Ranchers questions for the pressure build up. I turned the pump off, then drained the tank by opening the cold water in a tub. That did put the guage to zero. At that point i turned the ball valve to the...
  11. J

Jodan If i am following correctly the CSV will in a sense have the pump running longer. Will that cause the pump to have an shorter than normal life expectency? Since my problem is when the pump shuts down would a CSV work? To me it fixes hammer at the start of the cycle. Unless 1GPM is...
  12. J

Jodan The hammer starts soon as the pump shuts off. The pressure guage jumps but luckly at this point it does not quick cycle the pump. As far as a leak in the line is concerned, i do not believe there is one because the tank holds pressure. I can put the check valve in. I understand the...
  13. J

jodan There is no check valve in the house. i started to put one in and then realized that the hydrant out side by the well head would only run until the water in the pipe was gone. Because if it does not drop the pressure tank the pump will not get tripped on. Does that make sense? i am...
  14. J

I just recently bought the house. House sat empty for a while before i moved in. From day one the pipes have hammered. The well is 398' pump is at 265'. Cut in pressure is at 40, cut out is 60. At least that is what i have witnessed. So far i have been told that the check valve at the pump is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks