Search results

1. Sammyhydro11

Stinky water, high iron, need softener and overwhelmed

Not knowing someones mechanical limitations and giving them a 3-4 hr. time frame on installing a water treatment system, sounds a little deceiving. You sound better telling them to hire a plumber. Go Home Depot! You can do it! sammy www.tylerwellandpump.com
  2. Sammyhydro11

Well Storage Tank replacement

Is he allowed to do it himself? Who knows, i don't live in Ct. but on a professional level it would be wise for him to find out. Ha! Gary just keep telling everyone that the more drawdown in a well, the more it will produce, and then keep up with your bad mouthing of actual licensed well...
  3. Sammyhydro11

I suggest he buy it?? I guess that could lead to a question about someones education. Ha! sammy www.tylerwellandpump.com
  4. Sammyhydro11

I understand your situation but if you want professional advice then you need to open your ears. I told you how the water needed to be treated. A chlorinator is not something that can be added in the future, it's required to treat your water properly. Like i said the water needs to be treated...
  5. Sammyhydro11

First of all, you haven't even posted a legit water analysis. If you want professional opinions, you will need that first. There is no cheap way out of your water problem. If you continue to think that there is, well then you are only fooling yourself. If you want people to tell you what you...
  6. Sammyhydro11

I have heard in some cases a softener can remove a rotten egg odor from the water. Iron in the water can sometimes be in the form of iron sulfide and a softener will grab it. sammy www.tylerwellandpump.com
  7. Sammyhydro11

10 year old well suddenly Cloudy

I wonder if they tell the customer how to properly set the salt dosage when using pottasium chloride. sammy www.tylerwellandpump.com
  8. Sammyhydro11

Stonecutter, thanks for the website compliments. I install Goulds pumps and i have always had good luck with them. They started designing their own motors a few years back but they haven't had a good period of field testing yet. It has been around 2 years since my first install with the new...
  9. Sammyhydro11

Surging Pump

Fancypants, are you from Westport MA? sammy www.tylerwellandpump.com
  10. Sammyhydro11

10 year old well suddenly Cloudy

It' always good to see if you can first rectify a water quality problem at the well, before applying water treatment. sammy www.tylerwellandpump.com
  11. Sammyhydro11

The pump shouldn't be set all the way to the bottom of the well and your casing stops at a certain depth depending on where they found enough, solid, competent, bedrock. If the casing is set in some loose or fractured rock, it creates a poor seal where, sediment and surface water above the...
  12. Sammyhydro11

I can see why you would be confused. Lowering the water level in the well will potentially cause the water to reach the pumps inlet if you are taking out more than what the well is producing. The timing to make that happen depends on how much the well produces, how much you are taking out for...
  13. Sammyhydro11

sand point replacement

Going back down the same hole is totally not recommended. The water bearing material on the outside of the well screen can be just as plugged up as the well screen. I would place a new well a minimum of 5' away from the old one. Before installing a new well, you should check with your local...
  14. Sammyhydro11

Taking more water out of a well doesn't shorten the recovery time, the recovery time would actually be longer.That would be like saying a larger tank will make your well produce more water. Taking more water out will not reduce the amount of water coming into the well either. The production of...
  15. Sammyhydro11

I'm totally on board with a CSV. The question is, will one of the well contractors install it. If so, then go for it! sammy www.tylerwellandpump.com
  16. Sammyhydro11

Submersible loses volume and pressure

Who says the guy has a screened well? Screened wells only need to be placed at 15 to 20 feet beyond the static water level depending on the porosity of the water bearing material. I would bet the guy has an artesian well (slang around here for rock bored well). If that's the case i would...
  17. Sammyhydro11

. You must have a 5 gallon per minute 1/2hp pump because the 7 gallon doesn't have enough shut off pressure for your well depth. Anyways, that size tank will give your pump enough run time. sammy www.tylerwellandpump.com
  18. Sammyhydro11

HELP! sprinkler system pump and ??????

I would get rid of the idea of using the pvc as the suction, and snake 1" poly pipe through it. Instead of coming up through the slab, just have the poly come out of the ground,over the slab, and directly into the pump with some barbed fittings. You also want to make sure your suction screen is...
  19. Sammyhydro11

Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

I would throw the idea of magnetic softening out the door. They don't work! You want a good water softener, i would check out this site i found. Good quality water softeners for cheap money and you could find a plumber to install it for you. If your handy, you could do it yourself, its way...
  20. Sammyhydro11

HELP! sprinkler system pump and ??????

Get yourself a foot valve and install it where the sock is.The foot valve acts as a check valve and has a small screen on it that keeps large material out of the line. I recommend getting one at a plumbing supplier.The pump should keep its prime. Let the system come up to full pressure and shut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks