Search results

1. TrainWreck

Pressure tank losses pressure for 5-10 seconds

I had the same problem and it ended up being (A failing pressure switch also check your whole house filter if you have one it also can cause a pressure loss at low pressure and you will get it back as the pump pressure builds which can seem like a delay.) I replaced both the switch and the...
  2. TrainWreck

Well and Cycle stop valve suggestions needed

I usually use the lick your fingers and than touch the wire if it hurts don't touch that wire no more!! Ha Ha, no one can call me stupid, I've used the above method many many times and it always works perfectly for me. That's why my momma says I'm a fast learner. disclaimer: This is a joke...
  3. TrainWreck

I have lived in a house with street pressure water for 21 years than moved to my present house on well water I could always tell where and when the pressure switch closed when I ran the water. But now I would have to say with the CSV installed it runs as close to street like water pressure...
  4. TrainWreck

Does this exist? A Manual Override Pressure Switch for a well?

Maintained Manual Cut-Out Lever (AUTO-OFF) FSG, FYG M1 Momentary Manual Cut-In Lever (AUTO-START) FRG2-59 Only M3 Low Pressure Cut-Off (AUTO-START-OFF) Operates at Approximately 10 psig Below Cut-in and will turn off the pump FSG, FYG M4...
  5. TrainWreck

LOL I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been zapped.Once so bad ,I crossed phases on the line side of a panel in a basement on a wet just poured concrete floor. My coworkers found me much later layed out on the floor out cold they thought I was dead. I lost a good screw driver...
  6. TrainWreck

OK I thought about this and to keep it simple a photo eye is the way to go. K4522 intermatic photo cell controlling your pump it should carry 15 amps breaking one leg from your pumptrol control but I would need to test the continuous load of the motor before committing to this . I would...
  7. TrainWreck

Here's a idea and keeping it along your solar ideals. I would think there is a way you could use a normally open or closed photo eye in series with your pump control that would open when the sun went down and close when the sun came up or vice versa. basically taking all the thought out of...
  8. TrainWreck

Just to clarify my house in down hill 200 feet away and about 20 feet lower than the top of well casing. The well pump is set at 235' and the water level is measured from the top of the well casing to the water with the pump off is 80 feet and the pitless connector is 8 foot down in the...
  9. TrainWreck

I'm not really having any problems with my water pressure even up on the third floor, just some minor fluctuations.And I think I measure the tank drawdown incorrectly the original pressure setting was 25 psi in the bladder I went out and bought a 50psi CSV on the advice of the plumbing supply...
  10. TrainWreck

Yes I suppose both dishwasher could be used at the same time I know two showers are used at the same time everyday but never showers and dishwasher all at the same time if that is what you mean just looking for a clarification here. I will say that we haven't had a water supply or pressure...
  11. TrainWreck

I was hoping for some advice on my well setup and which CSV psi I should buy for my home :WELL 235' pump to pitless :GOULDS 7GS07 pump w/ 3/4 HP franklin 3 wire :WELLMATE WM12 set at 35 psi :40/60 PRESSURE SWITCH SETTING :PEERLESS indirect h20 tank :1 1/4" or 1" black poly pipe...