Search results

1. Andy VH

The thoroughly modern 2020 Kohler Rochelle

Nuts, the Danco Next Hydrostop flush valve I installed in my Kohler Rochelle update, about a week after the initial installation the toilet started to slightly refill about once an hour indicating and internal leak. I adjusted it thinking the stationary seal was not fully seated, no better. I...
  2. Andy VH

Danco NEXT Hydrostop flush valve issues

Well, all is NOT well with the Danco Next Hydrostop flush valve I installed in my Kohler Rochelle update. About a week after the initial installation the toilet started to slightly refill about once an hour indicating and internal leak. I adjusted it thinking the stationary seal was not fully...
  3. Andy VH

Sorry for the delay to reply. Busy with building a garage. The spacer is basically a set of "washers" to reduce the size of the tank port where the original fill valve mounted. I made a PVC washer that fit the OD of the hole and has a center hole to fit the common threaded stub of modern fill...
  4. Andy VH

Revive that Rochelle?

It can be done. I have done it three times on the same Rochelle. Yeah, I know, persistent,...or just dumb? Anywho. The key to making common fill and flush valves work are: 1. The odd oversize hole through the bottom of the Rochelle "tank": By making a thick water resistant spacer that big hole...
  5. Andy VH

Yes it can be done, with a little bit of fabrication, careful fitting and adjustment. When I bought my house in 2002 it still had the early 70s Kohler Rochelle toilet in the main bathroom. But I really liked the style. However, when it started to fail, I found the replacement cost of the odd...
  6. Andy VH

Kohler Rochelle - Replacement Flush

Well my Kohler Rochelle has again morphed, this time to a modern flush valve set. I installed a complete Danco Hydroclean 660 Fill Valve and Danco Hydrostop Flush valve. It works great, is quick and accurate, and now I can apply 2020 flushing technology to my early 70's Kohler Rochelle toilet.
  7. Andy VH

Installing Kohler K-1160G Air Bubble tub

I am planning a Kohler K-1160 corner tub installation in my main bath remodel project. I can fit the 60" long side of the tub between the south wall and the toilet on the west wall. I determine the centerline of the toilet to the installed position of the Kohler tub to be 22". So that more than...
  8. Andy VH

Sunken tub, install a shower

Thanks for clarifying that. I may have to make a slight adjustment to the deck design for the tub, but I will be able to maintain the minimum clearance around the toilet.
  9. Andy VH

The current tub drain centerline is 55" from the toilet. Even after relocating the tub as planned, the drian centerline will be at least 24" from the toilet. Thanks for the details about the shower and tub drain size. My house was built in 1973 so I assume codes have changed a lot even since then.
  10. Andy VH

I'm in the design stage of a big bathroom project. This is the really nice ceramic sunken tub and classic Kohler Rochelle toilet (works very well with updated cheap toilet valve I installed) in the main bath: I plan to get the tub out of the floor, turn it 90 degrees clockwise, installed into...
  11. Andy VH

Kohler Rochelle - Replacement Flush

Kohler Rochelle flush valve replacement I recently installed a Cesco 16AK flush valve kit in my Kohler Rochelle toilet. The original Kohler flush valve was leaking and I would replce the entire toilet before spending $365 for a new Kohler valve kit. That price is was out of line and I searched...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks