Search results

1. lkrides

outdoor faucet drip

A winter or two ago I replaced a regular outdoor sillcock with a 1/4 turn valve. For this winter I have turned off the interior shutoff valve and drained the line by removing that small cap I'm gonna call a bleeder. I left the 1/4 turn valve open outdoors. I noticed that the outdoor valve is...
  2. lkrides

Toilet leak?

I have what must be a leak associated with the wax seal. First I noticed that the tile next to the toilet would not adhere to the floor. Then I noticed that the wood subfloor under the toilet appears to be growing mold. I once had to use a kit to compensate for a broken flange hole that would...
  3. lkrides

Laundry center water valve

Hi all, I have a single handle water valve for our laundry center. I have found that the cold water is a lot less forceful than the hot side. I noticed that there is a slot in the main body of each side. The hot side slot is turned to about 2-8 o'clock and the cold side slot is 12-6. I tried to...
  4. lkrides

Chain from flush handle to flush valve

Hi all, I have grown tired of the chain from flush handle to flush valve getting caught, wrapping around itself or breaking that I went extreme. I replaced the chain with 12 lb. fish line. What do you think?
  5. lkrides

Rust around overflow hole in tub

Hi All, we have a rental property that has a steel tub that has been leaking when the tub is overfilled. I tried replacing the overflow gasket and that did not solve the problem. I noticed rust around the overflow opening so i cleaned it thoroughly with a wire wheel and scrapers. After cleaning...
  6. lkrides

decorative wall panels for showers

Has anyone heard of or used this product for shower/tub walls? http://decpanels.com/aquatile.html# My wife really likes it, I wonder if it will hold up.
  7. lkrides

Tub Spout Length

Hi wonderful people, I have installed a new tub, (replaced one piece shower/tub surround) I would like to get a longer faucet because the one I have now shoots water on to the overflow cover when it is pushed against the wall. Is there a particular brand that is longer than most? My plumbing is...
  8. lkrides

Placing tub in 3 wall alcove

Can anyone advise me on how the heck to manuever this tub in to place? There's gotta be a technique that doesn't include cutting studs. It is a Lasco 60x30. The bathroom width is about 58" with the drywall. Drywall has been removed from tub area. I have attached a picture of my predicament...
  9. lkrides

replacing surround w/std tub/tile maybe.

Hello, I am planning to remodel a bathroom that has a fiberglass surround. My wife would like it replaced with a standard tub/shower and tile. As far as tub materials go could you rate Acrylic, Vikrell, Veritek or Aqua Glass Gel Coat. Also the doorway in to the room is 29 ½†wide. I see...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks