Search results

1. G

Strengthening freestanding shower wall

I am framing a shower stall (4 feet by 6 feet) in my new master bathroom that has cathedral ceilings. I don't want the walls to go all the way to the ceiling, so I'm only making them about 7' tall, and I would like to have a 60 inch bypass door in the opening. However, this leads to my problem...
  2. G

3" recessed lights

I bought several dozen 3" recessed lights from HD on clearance for around $6.00 each, and they have 50W halogen bulbs in them. They can be aimed, and they have satin nickel faces and trim, etc. Technically, they are for remodeling, because they were sold without the new construction hangers...
  3. G

Price pfister 3-handle valve for rainshower?

I'm thinking of using the Price Pfister 801-DC00 3-handle valve from Lowes (separate hot & cold, plus a diverter typically used to toggle between shower and tub) for a shower-only application. I'd like to use the standard shower output of the valve to operate the standard shower head, and...
  4. G

Subfloor delaminating?

This past summer, I changed my 1950's ranch into a 2-story, which was a major project. (And no, I still don't live in the house yet). While the roof was off and the 2nd story was being added, rain had gotten the old 1/2" to 9/16" plywood flooring wet. The plywood sits atop 3/4" solid wood...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks