Search results

1. H

Are they still selling polybutylene?

Just wait until you start looking retirement in the face, and see what they're charging for personal health insurance at that point. Unless you're retired military, you'll be placing medicare under the column of "inalienable rights."
  2. H

Thanks HJ and everyone else. For some reason, Flowguard keeps coming to mind for me. That might very well be what's in my house. I know it sucks that you guys have to deal with so many different materials (every one o them has its own PITA procedure, i bet), but as an owner, it means a...
  3. H

Thanks for the reply. I haven;t moved into the house yet. So I can't tell you immediately what's written on the pipes. I'll check it out next time I'm out there. Yes, they have crimp-on bands at each fitting, and the house is in North Carolina.
  4. H

Hello, I just bought a house (new construction) in NC, and I noticed that the pipes are red/blue running out of the HWH. Now, my last house was in florida and built in the 1950s, so I got the pleasure of repiping the entire place with CPVC afrer the galvanized pipes had deteriorated beyond...
  5. H

Uphill septic system

Thanks for the good advice. What about the fact that the house is downhill of the septic system? Is there any health concern there? Would this affect my basement in any way?
  6. H

Uphill septic system

Hello, My wife and I are thinking about buying a new home in NC. This is the first time that we've lived in the mountains. The home we're looking at is new construction. I noticed that the waste water comes out of the house, and then it's sent through a pump about 70 feet uphill (backyard)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks