Search results

1. Wondering

Well Vent

I was reading here about wells need a vent. The top of mine has the seal that is down inside casing and you can't unscrew it or the bottom part will fall into the well. Has the pipe coming out and a spot where wiring comes out. Then it has a blue plastic screw in plug. Mine is screwed in so I...
  2. Wondering

Tank Air Pressure

I was just reading about having multiple tanks(current and an old thread) and they said as long as 1 tank has the correct air charge you are ok. I have more than one tank and I always thought you needed to keep them at the same pressure for them to all empty completely and together. I know it is...
  3. Wondering

New Water Heater-Cost to Operate

I was looking at new electric water heaters on the Home Depot site. Of course they have all sizes with variable warranties. It also list the yearly operating cost for each model. The 6 and 9 year warranty models both have dual 4500 watt elements. The 12 year warranty models all have dual 5500...
  4. Wondering

Pump Life

I was reading another question here about Tank size and the bigger tank = fewer-longer cycles and a longer pump life. I have a 3/4 hp F&W sub with a 62 gal and a 20 gal Well X Trol tanks. It is set at 40/60. I was wondering if I would get more life out of it if I set my pressure at 40-70 or...
  5. Wondering

Leaky Valve Question

I have noticed for the last few months my pump running when no water is used. I have checked everything for a leak, house lines, etc. In fact, I asked you guys about this a while back and was told it was a leaky check valve on the pump. I have just put off calling the pump guy to get it fixed. A...
  6. Wondering

Water Leak--Am I on the right track?

I have a 3/4 hp sub. pump with two tanks, 62 & 20 gallon furnishing two homes. Lately I have noticed the pump running ever so often, maybe ever 15 to 20 minutes. I turned the water off where it leaves the pump house and it still leaks down. I figure I either have a hole in the line in the well...
  7. Wondering

Saving Water

Since we are in the middle of a drought here in the South would I save more water by changing my pressure from the 40/60 to 30/50? I have 82 gal tank and a sub. pump. I have never had any water problems but since it has been so dry and I have 2 houses on this and some cows too I was wondering if...
  8. Wondering

Toilet heights

Are all handicapped toilets the same height or can you get different heights? If so what are the tallest brands? Thanks
  9. Wondering

water heater elements

I read somewhere that there is a difference in electric water heater elements. There are "standard" ones and then there are some that are"low watt density". From what I read the "low watt density" are supposed to be more energy efficient? Is this true? Also, do you know anything about an element...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks