Search results

1. PlumbBobSquarePants

Water Heater Location Question

Is there any reason why I can't have my new water heater installed as per the picture attached? Where the dryer currently is.
  2. PlumbBobSquarePants

410A Refrigerant Charging in Winter vs Summer

Is there going to be much difference in charging a 410A heat pump system in 50 degree F weather vs. 80 weather? Can you charge the system accurately in both extremes?
  3. PlumbBobSquarePants

AC system frozen up due to lack of freon..

My A/C system has frozen up twice now due to a refrigerant leak that the dealer cannot find. Besides all the water that is running down the electronics and circuit boards what damage does it do to the copper lines and coil?
  4. PlumbBobSquarePants

Spray Foam Insulation Kits

Anyone used one of these kits? http://www.fomofoam.com/ Great R-Value. What are the downsides?
  5. PlumbBobSquarePants

Reliable Tank Water Heater Brands

Seems like no one rates water heaters based on reliability and longevity? Is AO Smith the best bet? How about GE or Whirlpool from Lowes and Home Depot? Is .63 Energy Factor the best you can expect from a $300-600 water heater? Do I want 6, 9 or 12 year etc.? (I think I need a short...
  6. PlumbBobSquarePants

Leaking Refrigerant, My problem or dealers?

The leak appears to be in the line between the outside unit and the inside unit. When the dealer installed the new A/C unit they did not replace the line from the outside unit to the inside unit, they reused the old one. Should they have replaced the line? Is it standard to reuse the old...
  7. PlumbBobSquarePants

Repair Cast Iron tub scratch?

Our old cast iron tub is in great condition except for one spot where the shower door came out of the track and gouged the tub. Any way to fix this?
  8. PlumbBobSquarePants

Basement Shower on Kitchen Drain?

I'd like to call a plumber to put a shower in the basement. Can you connect a shower to the kitchen drain or am I better off using something like sani-flo? The 2" kitchen drain runs straight down into the basement floor in the area I would like to add the shower.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks