Search results

1. mrbeaubo

1 Inch PVC Drain Question

Here's what the whole area looks like
  2. mrbeaubo

I am attempting to put in a garage sink as well as the softener recharge drain line. The pressure situation will work fine with the higher spot but the softener also has a brine tank overflow line that is gravity fed, so the sink and the overflow need gravity assist. I will think about it a bit...
  3. mrbeaubo

I have no idea why that cleanout is there as this was definitely not an accessible area to utilize it. I'm afraid the diagonal may be too high. That first picture looks like the ground but the bottom is actually about 18 inches off the ground where the the garage has a stubbed out kind of bench...
  4. mrbeaubo

Could I use an AAV to vent in this scenario?
  5. mrbeaubo

So I took out a piece of drywall in the stud space where there was no electric and this is what I have (going down into the foundation drain line). I'm probably about to call a plumber unless you think there's a solution here to tap into.
  6. mrbeaubo

We are on 2015 IPC. I'll discharge about 3 inches above a collector of some sort. Then I'll need to dig into the wall to get into my drain system for the sink and water softener. What a debacle.
  7. mrbeaubo

I'm city of Leander. I'll try to find it. I would air gap the pan/bucket, just want to buy some time if my sensor alerts me
  8. mrbeaubo

Any harm with just running it straight down with a new piece of threaded copper and putting a bucket with a water sensor?? I don't want to re use the in wall drain as it's lower diameter than the valve connection!!
  9. mrbeaubo

All of this makes sense, thanks Reach4, really appreciate the help.
  10. mrbeaubo

Welp. Solved the pipe mystery, runs directly outside and dumps... What do I do now?
  11. mrbeaubo

Further research, t&p runs directly outside.
  12. mrbeaubo

I'm going to end up with more problems than I started lol. Let me go get some more pictures of it for clarity.
  13. mrbeaubo

Dang, you know better than me, which part? I just posted a picture of the T&P line.
  14. mrbeaubo

I'm dumb, should have figured it out sooner. I wasn't even thinking but that pipe is exactly opposite of my bathroom sinks on the other side of that wall. Also, for more context, the builder has the overflow valve of the water heater draining into the wall space just to the left of this. The...
  15. mrbeaubo

Just a couple that said "just p trap it, add a stand pipe and air gap and you're good to go!" Didn't have any knowledge of where it went.
  16. mrbeaubo

Also, whats the correct way to hook up to the stub out with a p trap? I'm sorry, I know these are really newbie type questions, just trying to make sure I do this right. Can I just use a flexible coupling like this...
  17. mrbeaubo

Reach4, do you know of any 1.5" PVC tee's that are female threaded on the two continuous sides and male threaded on the 3rd tee side? Searching all the different sites to find one.
  18. mrbeaubo

Opened the pipe, not noticing any smell. Got my caliper, 1.33 inches OD, 1.00 ID.
  19. mrbeaubo

I posted it on NextDoor to see if anyone knows. Not sure how I'd find out without just tearing a hole in the wall, which I'm not going to do. I guess I could always use a rubber flexible coupling to join it to another pipe if the OD doesn't line up.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks