Search results

1. bearsbeets

Well Water System Poor Pressure

Thanks, I'm having two sets of professional eyes look at the system today, the first recommended to replace the Amtrol Champion 62-gal tank with an AO Smith 65-gal tank. Total cost of $1,125 including new 40/60 pressure switch + labor. Some questions: Is AO Smith a step down from Amtrol...
  2. bearsbeets

Correct, yes meant to say "diaphragm" And can you explain what you mean by this? My understanding is the pump has nothing to do with pressure. The pump simply "pumps" water into the pressure tank, and the pressure tank, if adequately charged and with a functioning pressure switch, will push...
  3. bearsbeets

Oh geez. Okay. I'm adding more air now, and will re-fill with water. Three questions: Is the air leak due to a cracked threshold (diaphragm) or similar reason? And is this possibly because of the large differential (38-70) that existed for 10+ years before I moved in? If we do not replace...
  4. bearsbeets

*Update* While waiting for the new pressure switch to arrive, I thought I'd check the air pressure in the tank again. I hooked up a garden house to the tank drain, and when the water was nearly done coming out, a rush of air shot out the garden hose. I checked the pressure in the tank and it...
  5. bearsbeets

Thanks very much - I'll definitely look into this prior to installing the new pressure switch when it comes in a few weeks.
  6. bearsbeets

Thanks, I just ordered a pre-set 50/70 from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013WY2NH8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). If I find the 50/70 isn't ideal I can always adjust it lower, right? Regardless, it's on back order and won't get here until May 8th so I'll be...
  7. bearsbeets

Right, I don't think I would go higher than 50/70. Upon further inspection, it appears that pressure drops in the faucets because they are loaded with sediment, as it looks like faucet sprayheads are original as of 15 yrs ago. Would you recommend I simply replace the pressure switch back to a...
  8. bearsbeets

Perfect, okay thanks Agreed. And I was able to get this differential to shrink slightly from 40 - 65, but that's the best I can do with the old switch. I'll likely get a new pressure switch and install after cleaning some of the filters to the faucets and see if that does the trick, as opposed...
  9. bearsbeets

@Reach4 , thanks for the reply. I'll look into restrictions in water flow, that's a good idea. I have two questions, however: As for a new pressure switch, is there a potential harm in pumping up the pressure to 55-75, for example? The tank says it can go up to 100 PSI and the pressure...
  10. bearsbeets

Hi, I recently (last week) moved in to a temporary new home with a well water system. I'm having issues with water pressure throughout the house and have watched countless videos on pressure tanks/switches/well systems and performed basic upkeep maintenance but am still having pressure issues...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks