Search results

1. MarkMark

sewer holding tank filling quickly

i have a holding tank (no septic field) at a cottage that is appx 1000+ gallons. I had this tank pumped out last year for the first time in 7 years. This year it started to over flow again, the cottage is only used in the summer and has never had to have been pumped out on a yearly basis. Any...
  2. MarkMark

good hedge plants for eastern canada

soil is mostly made up of clay, well drained. height is not a big issuse, anything over 3-4 feet would be great. It would be in an area that recieves direct sun. tempreature during the summer range from 20C to 30C and freezing during the winter
  3. MarkMark

good hedge plants for eastern canada

looking to find a fast growing hedge plant to offer some privacy. I live in Nova Scotia (eastern canada). does anyone have any suggestions on what plants would grow well and quickly? thanks mark
  4. MarkMark

Plumbing charges

is it normal practice to pay for two people when only one is doing the work? If I were to get my oil changed I wouldn't pay 2 mechanics to do the job
  5. MarkMark

Plumbing charges

wondering if anyone has a rough cost of having a 3/4" main water shutoff replaced. i took care of contacting the city to have the supply shutoff. Also is it a standard practice to be charged double labour (2 hours) for 20min of work just because two guys show up? Feel like i was over charged...
  6. MarkMark

cracks in thinset with floor heat

the cracks were all parallele with the wires...(running in the same direction)
  7. MarkMark

the cracks are random in position, they are not all in one spot but scattered unevenly throughout the floor, however they all run parralelle to the wires which is the shortest direction on the floor. The Joists under ther floor are 2x8 16" oc with a span of 10'. from what iam hearing in...
  8. MarkMark

"Are any of the cracks over the seams in the ply?" the cracks are fairly random, not by the seems in the ply or the easy matt. they do run in the same direction as the wires.
  9. MarkMark

recieved a reply from custom building..... I’m not aware of any industry standard that allows for floor joists smaller than 2x10 for a tile/stone assembly. If you have already determined that movement/deflection in the floor is what has caused the cracks in thinset bed, I would...
  10. MarkMark

I mixed the thinset as per directions. the cracks are running parralle to the wires. infloor heating has not been turned on yet. minimal amount of walking on the floor after apx 30 hrs
  11. MarkMark

my bathroom is apx 35 sq' the joists are 2x8 16"oc with a 10' span. sub floor is 5/8 then 1/2 screwed every 6". I layed custom building products easy matt down then true comfort heating wires on top of this followed my flexbond modified thinset. its been about 4 days since the thinset and i...
  12. MarkMark

Low water px

Thanks...worked great. simple things that get overlooked:o
  13. MarkMark

Low water px

i used the main shutoff to the house, and kitchen sink is the furthest fixture from this shutoff and was one of the last ones turned back on after the lines were capped
  14. MarkMark

Low water px

during some bathroom work i capped off the supply lines to my bathtub. Now the taps to my kitchen sink have very low water pressure. All other taps in the house seem to be working fine. any ideas on what happened? could the lines be airlocked? thanks for any help mark
  15. MarkMark

fiberock underlay

i have a 5/8 subfloor and am thinking about using 3/8 fiberock over top of this before 12x12 tile. joists are 2x8 with apx 8 to10' span. has anyone had anyexperience with this...or suggestions? thanks mark
  16. MarkMark

tile underlay

Has anyone heard of or used fiberock underlayment?
  17. MarkMark

tile underlay

what kind of plywood underlay is recomended?
  18. MarkMark

tile underlay

has anyone heard of or used a peel and stick easy mat with sound guard? home depot sells it and im wondering if it is a good product for under tile in a bathroom?
  19. MarkMark

electric hotwater heater trouble

how hard are these to replace?
  20. MarkMark

electric hotwater heater trouble

I seem to be running out of hot water faster then i should. water always starts out to be hot but within 10 mins in the shower it starts to cool off quickly (didn't do this before) i have tried replacing both thermostats and both heating elemeants with no luck. any suggestions?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks