Search results

1. garyl53

Should PRV be before iirrigation system and house? Or just house?

Hi, I just thought I would let you know that I installed the new PRV this weekend and everything is working just fine, including the irrigation. I set it at about 60psi and that is more than enough to handle the irrigation the way it is designed at my home. Thanks again for the information and...
  2. garyl53

Thanks for the additional info. Irrigation was working fine before so I will leave it the same. Thanks for the tip on the FULL PORT ball valves, I wasn't aware that several types existed. Gary
  3. garyl53

OK thanks. I will leave it as is and see how it works. If I need higher pressure for the irrigation I can always add a seperate regulator later.
  4. garyl53

So 60psi should be plenty for the irrigation system assuming I have the flow needed?
  5. garyl53

Hi, I have a failed PRV and I will be replacing it this weekend. I will also be adding some ball valvles to make this all easier if this happens again. I noticed that the supply to the irrigation system is on the house side (low pressure side) of the PRV. My last house had the irrigation supply...
  6. garyl53

Cellulose in a basement

Here is a good reference for insulation basements. http://www.buildingscience.com/documents/information-sheets/5-thermal-control/basement-insulation/
  7. garyl53

Oil Tank Replacement

Hi, 10 yrs ago when I lived in MA and had a leak (at the seam) my oil company sent in a crew that cleaned, fiberglassed (the whole bottom), painted the tank, and rechecked for any leaks. It was covered by the service plan. You may want to check into that unless you are looking for increased...
  8. garyl53

high flow rate pressure regulator?

If the PSI is rising above the PRV initial setting pressure I think it must be caused by either a defective PRV or a misplaced, too small or defective expansion tank which is not handling the thermal expansion properly. Also I believe it is possible to use two PRVs in series to keep the...
  9. garyl53

return duct

Speaking of "returns", are there code restrictions as to what pipes are allowed to pass through an HVAC return?
  10. garyl53

Oil Tank Replacement Questions

Hi, I had a leak and the oil company sent in a team to fiberglass the bottom section and repaint it. It looked new after they were done. It was relatively cheap from what I recall. Any condensation that gets into the tank goes to the bottom since the oil floats above the water. Water in...
  11. garyl53

Info on gas vs electric costs?

Hi, Where can I find some info and maybe a calculator to determine the relative annual costs to run a water heater. I have gas, normal venting but the next one has to be either power venting gas or maybe electric. I am trying to determine if a power venting gas will recoup the higher purchase...
  12. garyl53

Ventilation under structured floor?

Hi, Recently purchased new home with wood/steel structural basement floor with a 2ft crawlspace below. This is common in Colorado due to expansive soils. There is an 8 inch duct with a fan connected to a humidistat under the basement floor to remove excess moisture from the crawl space...
  13. garyl53

All Toilet valves going bad

Have the water pressure checked!
  14. garyl53

Heads not popping up without help

I think it could be a flow problem. The static pressure may be fine but once the water starts flowing it is dropping quickly and it is not enough to push the heads up. I would check to make sure the valve is opening fully as someone suggested and check that there is not a leak in the line...
  15. garyl53

Post your Pics, We would love to see your projects!

Master Bathroom Pics Hi, This is a bathroom that I completed late last year. There was quite a bit of plumbing involved to relocate the tub and shower supplies and drains. I had used the forum to get several questions answered about the plumbing and soldering techniques for the fixtures. The...
  16. garyl53

Water pressure spikes?

Hi, I installed a PRV and Expansion tank about 6 months ago and I have the pressure set in my home for 65 psi. I accidently left the pressure gauge connected to my water heater drain spigot (lowest point in house) after I did the job. I noticed that the nominal pressure is at the 65psi...
  17. garyl53

Replaced PRV, now have too low of pressure

You may want to check the incoming pressure before the PRV over a day's time to see if it is changing. If it is contact the city or water department. If not then either you need to readjust the PRV again or maybe there is another PRV somewhere. Was the pressure the night before (brushing...
  18. garyl53

Holy High Pressure!

Hi, Just to close out this thread. I installed both the PRV (set for 70 PSI) and Expansion tank (pre-charged to 70 PSI). Everything is working great. I recorded the highest pressure I have seen over the past 3 weeks at 75 PSI so I assume everything is working correctly. Yes the shower is...
  19. garyl53

New Moentrol shower/tub valve leaking!

Hi, I couldn't find anything wrong with the installation. I removed the valve and flushed and inspected the valve body and the valve itself. I sent Moen an email requesting warranty support for a new valve, it arrived a few days later and it fixed the problem. I still don't see anything...
  20. garyl53

New Moentrol shower/tub valve leaking!

Hi, I installed a new Moen Moentrol valve in a shower/tub. When the valve is pushed in to turn it off it still drips slightly. While it is pushed in (off position) and I rotate the handle it drips less in the hot positions but drips more in the cold positions. You can actually hear the valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks