Search results

1. DG123

Softener Drain Line Question

Thank you dittohead. I think I have to correct the 45 degree exit issue first, then I think some of these options might work.
  2. DG123

Because the 1.5 inch drain comes out at 45 degree, I could install a 1.5 inch 45 degree PVC elbow with a 1.5 inch to 2" PVC expander so that I can fit both in. It will just stick out like a big thumb.
  3. DG123

My next issue is getting both the washer discharge and the airgap hose into the same 1.5" ID pipe behind the washer. You can see in the pict that it's like putting 5lb of beef in a 1lb bag. Maybe there is some "Y" union that I can use to get both together into the same 1.5" ID pipe?
  4. DG123

Thanks Bannerman, I think you are right that I should just route to the washer drain with an airgap device. It is a bit too tight to get in there to fix that open Tee anyway. If the intention was to route softened or unsoftened water to the spigot I wonder where the other end of that line that...
  5. DG123

Hello, I am a bit confused with what I "think" is the builder's pre-installed softener drain line. I opened the wall to see better what is going on. Glad I did. This is in a garage, and the house is on a slab in SoCal. First question: Is this 3/4" copper pipe sticking out of wall the Softener...