Search results

1. tgreif

Old Culligan Mk512 softener. Worth trying to fix?

I have a vintage Mark 512 Culligan softener that I bought used back in 1990. My water is only about 10 grains hard. I've replaced the solenoid plungers and rubber diaphragms a few times, as well as the salt tank fill float valve, but that's about it. Lately, it started leaking around the...
  2. tgreif

what to use for bad seal surface for ballcock in tank?

Success! No leaks with the silicone. Thanks for all the input.
  3. tgreif

Thanks guys! This is a 16 year old toilet that flushes just great. I really don't want to go to one of the low volume units required now. I'm going to let the silicone set for 24 hours before using it. I'll report my results after that. Thanks again.
  4. tgreif

thanks OK, I put a small bead of silicone around the hole. I put a bit more where the hole was deformed. Then installed the ballcock tube with the cone shaped rubber donut at the bottom and tightened the tube nut on the bottom of the assembly lightly on the underside of the tank. Also ran a...
  5. tgreif

I'm replacing a noisy ballcock and I've discovered the hole in the tank for the ballcock is rather deformed. It was manufactured that way. Almost looks like a chunk by the hole was chipped out but the ceramic is fired with that defect. Anyway, the normal rubber donut at the bottom of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks