Search results

1. rckowal

Dry Floor Drain

In my basement floor there are two drains. One is in the main drain sanitary sewer line; it works fine & there is always water in the trap. The other one is about 20 feet away but its pipe runs over to the main where it is tapped in. I believe it may be part of a storm sewer drain (I'm a DIY'er...
  2. rckowal

House Re-Plumbing Project

I have to replace the galvanized potable water plumbing in a residential home. I'm considering plastics - both PEX or PVC (CPVC). Although this is a DIY project, I have previously installed a plastic lawn sprinkler system as well as sweated copper & (cold water) PVC. Since I'm a retired Plastics...
  3. rckowal

Ball Valve Leaking Internally

I have a 1" brass ball shut off valve between the house water service and a lawn sprinkler system. It was installed about 20 years ago and has been working fine ever since - no leaks, etc. As I normally do at this time of the year, I blew out the sprinkler system with compressed air to...
  4. rckowal

Pipe Life Expectancy

What is the reliable life span of galvanized &/or copper pipe? I am looking to buy an older (lower priced) home in a suburban area near Detroit. I am running into many of them which have galvanized pipe. I don't want to buy into potential plumbing problems or the expense of re-piping. So, I...
  5. rckowal

How Do I Loosen Galvanized Pipe

I'm updating the kitchen sink in our 40 year old house. Naturally, the drain locations on the new sink will be totally different than the old one. This requires that I undo a portion of the existing wall pipe (which drains into an iron stack within the wall). Between the wall & sink trap...
  6. rckowal

Tree Roots In House Storm Drain

Attached is a diagram showing what I believe may be the arrangement of pipes & drain tiles in our house storm drain. I am pretty certain of the locations & connections of the storm drain, the cleanout & the drain to the municipal sewer. Maybe some one can tell me how the drain tiles are usually...
  7. rckowal

How Are Sewer Pipes Layed Out

Our home is a quad level with a small basement. The basement is 8' high with about 5' below grade. There are two drains in the floor. One is the sanitary sewer and the other is a storm sewer. As I understand it, these are two seperate systems but the storm sewer appears to empty into the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks