Search results

1. J

Setting toilet to tile/concrete slab advice

I've attached a picture of what I'm up against. I've never set a toilet, so that tells you my experience level. However, I have had success with other plumbing tasks associated with finishing a basement. In other words, I like learning. I've done some research on how to go about setting to...
  2. J

Only half of furnace burners ignite--looking for troubleshooting advice...

I have a Carrier 58PAV090-14 gas furnace/electric heat pump. I have two issues I deal with constantly... One is that when the temperature is ~32F for a extended length of time (32F is the temperature border between electric heat pump/vs gas furnace), the heat pump freezes up... It's not the...
  3. J

Drywall finishing on steel studs

Thanks. Thanks randyj. I appreciate your insight (you also offered advice on my utility sink addition). Sounds like you have a lot of experience and it's nice that you take the time out to post that experience for us DIYers... It's helpful.
  4. J

Connecting utility sink drain in basement

Still a huge picture. Don't know what to think of that. I just right-click the picture and 'view-image'. It is then normal size. I rotated it for accuracy. Any help on how I can run that utility drain into the stack is appreciated.
  5. J

plumbing utility sink Sorry about the picture size. I resized the picture--let's see how it looks now.
  6. J

I'm stumped on how to connect a utility sink drain. Any ideas on how to tie into the 3" shown in the attached pic? I had a contractor look at this and he said I would have to remove foundation and tie in under the Y. He said he would tie into 2" in an adjacent bathroom... for $2200. I don't...
  7. J

Drywall finishing on steel studs

I just recently framed a basement and am now working on the electrical. I'm concerned with the distance the new work box protrudes from the front stud face. I will need to hang the wall over the tab. Will the protrusion (~1/8" with screws) make it more difficult to finish? Am I using the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks