Search results

1. Bob from accounting

Clean inside a Water Heater

I have flushed my water heater, multiple times. The popping and banging inside by 5 year old Rhem WH must have major sentiment at the bottom due to hard water. I have turned down the heat as well. It is possible that sediment falls to the bottom when I changed out my Anode rod each year also...
  2. Bob from accounting

replacement rubber washer for supply line

I was going to replace the everbilt washing machine supply line rubber washer. I bought an everbilt supply line rubber washer replacement. The inner diameter of the replacement washer is larger than the original washer I just pulled off. I see that the package says water heater supply...
  3. Bob from accounting

Joining Copper to PVC

We recently had our 1/2" copper line vandalized as it runs about 15' against our building, ground level. This copper line comes out of the main supply line and runs over to a buried irrigation valve. I am assuming they initially used copper as it is outside, this portion is not buried, it does...
  4. Bob from accounting

basin of sink hold water

I noticed that a majority of our sinks hold a very small amount of water in the basin next to the drain. This causes them to rust. Is this common, and is there anything I should consider when trying to resolve this?
  5. Bob from accounting

which TP valve next to PRV valve

What PSI TP valve should I find and install after the PRV City pressure is 85, 60psi after the PRV. I saw they made a 125 psi TP for water Heaters and storage tanks. Let me know if you have any tips or suggestions on using a TP valve for this specific application and what PSI I should consider?
  6. Bob from accounting

Leaking PRV from the90s

We have a PRV that is leaking from the body. This configuration from top to bottom is all from the 90s and I was considering replacing this entire line of fittings. From the shut-off all the way up to the T and the bib. Does anyone have any tips or thoughts on doing this, and if we need to...
  7. Bob from accounting

Breaking down sediment/ mineral gunk with citric acid

We recently did an annual flush of our 5-year-old water heater. Pressurized flushing of the tank, power flushed for 25 mins. But then afterward we emptied the tank to swap out the gas control valve rather than doing an airlock swap out. When we re-pressurized our pipes, I opened up our tube...
  8. Bob from accounting

Is Galv Steel measured by the OD?

Have a slow bathroom drain that has inspired me to remove the used P-trap, snake the drain line, than re install a new P-Trap. As a DIYer, I get myself into unexpected situations that can sometimes cause delay. 1) I want to make sure I buy the right parts. 2) The 2" galvanized steel pipe...
  9. Bob from accounting

3/8" RO Tubing wall flange

I need to run a 3/8" RO tubing through dry wall and down into the garage. I want to dress up the hole with some legit flange? or nice looking fitting to avoid making this look ghetto. Also to give it some protecting so the plastic tubing is not rubbing on the dry wall where it crosses into the...
  10. Bob from accounting

Insulated RO tank

I was considering placing an RO tank in the ceiling of my uninsulated garage directly under the kitchen sink. However in the summer this garage area gets hot, 90s + Have you ever seen anyone build a insulted container to place an RO tank in? I don't want to drink hot water? plus it is...
  11. Bob from accounting

Anode rod height, how accurate do you need to be?

I am planning on doing an annual replacement of my anode rode, little bit of that sulfur smell and sounds like popcorn inside the tank. Sediment needs to be flushed. Last Jan I swapped out the rod and flushed it. It is only 4 years old with a one year anode rod. About 10 grains of hardness...
  12. Bob from accounting

Water Softener affect on an RO system.

I am curious if the increased levels of sodium from the use of a whole house water softener will decrease the life of a RO membrane used in the kitchen for drinking water? ( I have read everywhere it is better on the membrane, however the dealer just said it is worse on the membrane and will...
  13. Bob from accounting

Pipe expansion sound

So I don't want to assume anything as I am not a plumber. However, when I turn on my hot-water side of a bathroom faucet I hear what sounds like creaking or pinging in an uniform way. Frequent in the first few seconds that then taper off eventually. My mind is set on this must be the hot-water...
  14. Bob from accounting

1" copper 90 sweep vs 90 elbow

I am re routing a fresh water supply lines out of a filter big blue filter and changing the direction out of it. I am curious if it matters if I solder in a 1" copper elbow or if I should use a long sweep? (obviously not soldering anything while it is connected to the plastic filter housing) I...
  15. Bob from accounting

Ball valve direction

I installed this valve backwards, it flows from bottom to top. I believe the valve should be turned around? Does this really matter with a ball valve. There is no arrow on the body, but I have it in my head this is not the ideal direction? Not sure why, but anyone know if this 1" ball valve...
  16. Bob from accounting

Water Heater air release valve

Howdy, I am trying to learn a bit about how to make it more convenient to release the air lock on a water heater when draining it. 1) Multiple plumbers have explained that it is not advised to be using the pressure release valve to do this which may break or cause ware and tear to the spring...
  17. Bob from accounting

Water hammer with stop valve

Our toilet has water hammer issues. I wanted to connect a water hammer arrestor near the toilet. Our current stop valve/ angle stop is 1/2 compression and the toilet is a 7/8 connection. So typical connections. I found a water hammer arrestor with a 7/8th connection but too many folks...
  18. Bob from accounting

Can you place a flexible cap over a cleanout

I am replacing my 4" clean out flush plug with something that will loosely go over the top instead. Like a flexible cap. However, I am not sure if a 4" Fernco flexible cap with a hose clamp will just fit over the top as the outside diameter of the end of the clean out has those ridges that...
  19. Bob from accounting

Hydoy jetting into a vacuum for clean up?

Recently hydro jetted a 60 year old 4" 70' cast iron pipe. Descaled about 30lbs of debris. I was shocked that this debris was just pushed down the way into the city sewer. The clean out the hydro jet went down into was like a Z shaped entrance. There was no chance of the debris exiting out of...
  20. Bob from accounting

Odd size for toilet supply line

OK, this is a dumb question, I recently went to replace my toilet supply line. I bought a 1/2" FIP - 7/8 ballcock 20" line. The 1/2" fIP was too small to fit onto the stop valve. I am visually looking at my washing machine 3/4" supply line and that looks too big, not going to try it on there as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks