Search results

1. B

Quick Help: Trenching Polyethylene out to Barn...

OK! So just ordered the 200# poly in their 300 ft rolls, the hydrants (Woodford brand), and tracer wire. It's a wholesaler shop that apparently sells primarily to utilities and municipalities for waterworks and that's all they sell. Kinda surprised they didn't have longer rolls, too, but oh...
  2. B

Thanks all, the water is to serve 3 frost-free hydrants, to be used for filling water troughs, etc. Not a whole lot of demand, but still. Also, we were only able to get 300' rolls of poly locally, so there will be one poly-to-poly couple connection.
  3. B

Trenching Water Line...

Quick question: This week I am planning to run black polyethylene water line out to barn and pastures from the house. Will be starting from a 3/4" copper line from the pressure tank in the basement (& installing a shutoff valve), then go through the basement wall, and then trenched 3 ft...
  4. B

Quick question: This week I am planning to run black poly water line out to barn and pastures from the house. Will be starting from a 3/4" copper line from the pressure tank in the basement (& installing a shutoff valve), then go through the basement wall, and then trenched 3 ft deep all...
  5. B

Questions about GPM and pressure tanks

Oooh. Now that you mention it, a new upright vacuum for the carpets would be wonderful. LOL. Honestly, he's saved us SO much money on labor costs and working so hard on fixing up the house, I have nothing to complain about and couldn't ask for more. :D I am very proud. A public...
  6. B

Questions about GPM and pressure tanks

Very funny, Speedbump. This is his wife chiming in, and no, that washer is very OLD and yucky! For some reason the previous owners never removed the yellow sticker. Anyway, I have my heart set on a new front-load Bosch washer. Someday...
  7. B

Installing underground water line to horse barn?

How do I know if there's a check valve between the well and pressure tank (which is in the house) ? And if I do, then what? Is it more $$ to put in the underground shutoff valve than to just put a hole thru the foundation wall (cinderblock) & run the waterline to the house instead? (Cost of...
  8. B

The well is quite close to the house, the supply line coming into the the house is black poly, looks to be 1 inch. Will definitely get utilities marked, had them marked 2yrs ago which is how I know their general location. RE size of pipes, not sure - Since this is going to barn & paddock...
  9. B

Looking for advice and best method of running water to my new horse barn. The goal is to rent a ditchwitch to trench a waterline below the frost line (2ft here) to a series of frost-free hydrants/spigots both at the barn and adjacent paddocks. The house and well are located together and are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks