Search results

1. cjs1996

New ferrule install after pulling old ferrule will sleeve puller

puller Thanks for the replies.. Yes, it worked, but it didn't "feel" very good to me. There was some play between the ferrule and the OD of the pipe. There wasn't enough pipe coming out of the wall to cut and re-seat the ferrule, so I had to make do. I went ahead and tightened it down...
  2. cjs1996

question about 1/2" closet flange extension

Ted Thanks for the tips. Yes, everything I can find online shows that flanges would normally be installed with flat head screws, I have no idea why the previous installer didn't do this, but unfortunately I'll have to deal with it. In any case, I had to go ahead and install the toilet...
  3. cjs1996

New ferrule install after pulling old ferrule will sleeve puller

New ferrule install after removing old ferrule with sleeve puller Hi folks, replacing a toilet, and I used this Pasco sleeve puller (see attached) that has been mentioned on this forum, to remove the old compression nut and ferrule. The old ferrule was quite snug, and when I removed it with...
  4. cjs1996

reply Jim, yes the existin flange appears to be well anchored to the flooring, there's just one spot that looks like it has a bit of corrosion and I'm afraid that part will disintegrate (it probably wouldn't, but don't want to create more headaches) if I drill into it.
  5. cjs1996

clarification I can see that there are some holes in the existing flange (presumably what's holding the flange to the floor), but the tops of the bolts have been cut off, so I guess I would need to get an extractor to remove those existing bolts and insert new ones to hold down the extender and...
  6. cjs1996

Hi folks, I'm replacing one of the toilets in my home, need some advice. The existing flange sits just shy of 1/2" below the tile surface. The previous wax ring was standard size (not extra thick), and there is evidence of leakage. I've picked up a Plumbest 1/2 closet flange extension kit...
  7. cjs1996

Need advice for replacement of shut-off valves

puller Hi, Thanks for the responses, I have a few more questions: When "stuck" ferrules are removed with one of these puller tools, are the pipes ever distorted as a result of the previous ferrule being tightened down too much? If so, is there any problem simply installing a new ferrule...
  8. cjs1996

also.. I should also add that there isn't enough of the pipe sticking out from the wall to simply cut the pipe behind the existing ferrule... I guess that would be the easiest solution but unfortunately not an option for any of the other shut off valves to be replaced...
  9. cjs1996

Hi folks, I recently replaced two old cheap faucet shut-off valves (they were the kind where the "speedflex" hose is pre-attached to the valve) with some new 1/4 turn valves that have threaded connections for supply hoses. The old ferrule and compression nut would not come off the pipe, so...
  10. cjs1996

novice question about toilet tank bolts/hardware

Hi, I've got an older Crane toilet and the tank rocks slightly (no leaks though), I can see that one of the tank bolts is loose. Instead of just cranking the nuts down, I was thinking about going ahead and replacing the tank to bowl gasket, as well as the tank bolt hardware, and giving...
  11. cjs1996

Is (Ultimate + upgraded flush valve) == Ultramax?

Jim... Already did. The Ultramax, or any other 1.6GPF toilet, not explicitly included on their list will not qualify. They only approve toilets that won't use more than 1.6GPF even if the wrong flapper is installed. Therefore, GMAX toilets don't meet the criteria (since they rely on an earlier...
  12. cjs1996

Thanks to all.. Terry: Thanks for the reply. After seeing your reply, I noticed that Korky sells only one fill valve for both GMAX and PowerGravity toilets, suggesting that the height can be adjusted to accommodate both (in line with your suggestion). BTW - Great site! I've learned a...
  13. cjs1996

Is (Ultimate + upgraded flush valve) == Ultramax? - continued 4. After doing some digging, it looks like I would need to change the fill valve (taller?) as well to upgrade from Ultimate to Ultramax, is that correct? Thanks, Chris
  14. cjs1996

Hi folks, I live in Austin TX which has a toilet rebate program which provides a $100 cash rebate for purchasing certain "approved" 1.6GPF toilets to replace old water hogs. I currenly have a Drake in one bathroom, and I love the GMAX flush. As such, I'm planning on replacing another 3.5GPF...
  15. cjs1996

help finding OEM flapper for 1.6GPF Crane Classic

I purchased the Korky 1.6 and it works great. It's an added bonus that I can 'fine-tune' how soon it closes since the flapper has an adjustment. Thanks for the pointer, I didn't know that flapper existed. -Chris
  16. cjs1996

Cass: Thanks for the Korky link. Their "crane" replacement flapper still seems like a one size fits all flapper for older crane toilets. I wonder if might be better off with the Korky 1.6 flapper which is supposedly specifically for post 1995 1.6GPF toilets, which I think mine is...
  17. cjs1996

Hi folks, I recently moved and my new home has a Crane toilet, model 3434 (bowl) & 3437 (tank). I believe this is part of Crane's "Classic Collection" line. It is spec'd to be a 1.6GPF toilet. I think the previous owners of the house replaced the flapper with a generic flapper from a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks