Search results

1. M

Clack WS1 Filling Brine Tank - Can't Figure It Out

It's been a while since I've been here as I've not had any problems......that I couldn't fix or figure out related to plumbing! I installed the water softener about 12 years back, other than a leaking draw line initially it has worked flawlessly. I have a whole house sediment filter feeding a...
  2. M

My Toto Drake, Flush Handle & Flapper Issue

OK, my 12 year old Toto would not flush properly. I realized the flush handle was hanging up, internet said, yeah, they wear out. Got new one (THU068) and thought to myself, get flapper, it is 12 years old, be done with this toilet for a while. So, picked up an identical to original Korky 3"...
  3. M

AC Fan Not Running, Thinking Capacitor, but..

Got a 15 year old Tempstar (Model CA5536VKD2) where the compressor will run but not the fan. Fan is not seized. I had a local guy service it over the years, and we are both thinking capacitor issue. Trouble is, he doesn't have one and it's late on Saturday, wife going to be unhappy as it is...
  4. M

Poor flow in tub/shower

OK, I've got very poor flow in my hall bath, the tub/shower to be precise. Flow (or water pressure) is fine in the 2 bath sinks and everywhere else in the house. I checked pressure and I've got 60 psi in the house, just like my regulator says I should have, great. As I stated pressure is fine...
  5. M

Low Water Flow in Either Tub and Shower Operation

Hi, I've got an American Std single handle tub/shower unit in the hall bath. Flow is much lower that it was. Flow OK in the 2 sinks adjacent the tub in the same bathroom. Thinking this could be due to an old cartridge or maybe the pressure balance unit (like 10 years old). Any thoughts...
  6. M

Salt Dose Programming on Clack Unit

Been eating hot water heaters (on my 3rd) since installing a water softener ~7 years back. Finally learned soft water likes to eat anodes. Will monitor anode on new tank carefully, on 1st name basis with plumbing supply shop. So, my engineering brain got to thinking about my water softener...
  7. M

AO Smith and Red (Rust) Water When Draining

Looking for some thoughts here, short story is: - bought house in 1996 and brandy new AO Smith 40 gal gas heater was installed, worked till 2011. Good! - bought new AO Smith 40 gal gas heater, installed, filled it, fired it up and it work till 3/2014 (leaked). - I don't buy this stuff at HD...
  8. M

All of a Sudden - Water Hammer?

Hi, Left the house yesterday morning, all was well, daughter at home said no issues. I returned about 10 pm, flushed the main floor toilet and pipes started banging like I've never heard before. I think, but not sure yet, main floor toilet is most of the issue (Toto Drake). Contractors...
  9. M

A.O. Smith Promax 40 gallon (GCV 40) Leaking

Hi, I had a Smith hot water heater went like 15 years, no complaints, the "new" is not quite 3 years old and leaking. Yeah, it's under warranty, so I guess I'll get a new unit (hopefully without too much hassle). After searching around, I see a lot of complaints, though not about leaking...
  10. M

Water Pressure to Shower Head in Tub/Shower is Low

Hi Guys, Need some help here, 10 year old Am Std pressure balance tub/shower kit (pressure balance valve R120 or R125 series). Diverter valve leaked really bad, little water to shower. Replaced spout/diverter valve, no more leaking at spout, good!. However, pressure to shower head is only...
  11. M

Safety Valve Sticking in Closed or Up Position

Hi Guys, Got what I'd call a standard water softener set up, cation ion exchange column, separate salt tank. Noticed water wasn't as soft as it should be and found that the safety valve in the column in the salt tank was stuck in the up (or closed?) position. I assume in this condtion I...
  12. M

Cement Laundry Tub

My Mom's place has a leaking, due to cracks, double cement tub. It doesn't look like this thing is repairable. I want to replace it with a double composite tub. Should I just whack the old one with a sledge hammer to break it into 3 or 4 pieces or is this thing worth anything to anyone in one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks