Search results

1. masch56

Quick Fleck Riser Tube Question

I am hoping one of the gurus on this board can provide a quick answer. I am replacing the riser tube in my carbon filter and want to know if the bottom basket included on the Fleck 40677 riser tube assembly is the 40924. Also, I understand that this assembly is sized for a 54 inch tank. I’ll...
  2. masch56

Carbon Filter 5810 SXT Problem - Maybe?

I’m scratching my head over this one. I’ve gotten a lot of good info from these forums so I’m asking. I just put a new carbon filter into service and I’m seeing a constant trickle of water out of the drain line. Here are the particulars: - 13 x 54 tank - 2.5 cu ft of CC with...
  3. masch56

Check My 5810SXT Settings

Just wanted to get a quick check on the settings for my new 5810 SXT softener. Pertinent info: City water w/ 15 gpg measured hardness using a Hach 5-B test kit (water company says 7-10 gpg) 1.5 cu ft of 10% crosslinked resin in 10 x 54 tank w/ gravel underbed 6 lbs/cu ft (9 lbs...
  4. masch56

Need Fleck Upper Basket Part Number

Does anybody know the part number for the upper distributor basket for the 5810 controller with a 32mm riser tube? Thanks.
  5. masch56

Looking for a DIY 5810 SXT System

Hi everyone, could someone point me to a dealer that will ship a fleck 5810 SXT system I can install myself. I'm looking for a system with 1.5 cu ft of 10% crosslink resin. Thanks.
  6. masch56

Searching for a high efficiency water softener - need advice/help

Newbie here looking for some sound advice from the forum experts. Here is my situation, I am looking for a softener that can achieve a 4000-5000 grains per pound salt efficiency. I am on city water with a stated hardness of 7-10 gpg with negligible to no iron (I know I’ll need to complete a...