Search results

1. Randyj

Sleeve for PEX in soil

I had a question about this myself so am just now reading this thread. I have a short run to do under a slab. I like the idea of spending a few extra bucks to run PEX inside a larger PVC pipe so that if necessary it can be changed out. In the past year I have had to repair a few PEX pipes in...
  2. Randyj

Which pump do I need?

Thanks... Gould's GT10 is the one I've been considering. Their chart is a bit confusing.
  3. Randyj

Which pump do I need?

This will be a replacement pump and I'm not sure of the type rotors on the system, actually not positive of how many either. Some Jack Rabbit has all the wires disconnected from the controller as well as outside the garage where the controller is located they are disconnected at the ground...
  4. Randyj

Which pump do I need?

Nothing personal... but no matter what we are not using a submersible pump under any circumstances.
  5. Randyj

Which pump do I need?

This is true.... but I still do not want a submersible pump or electric wires in the water.
  6. Randyj

Which pump do I need?

I may have to think about that a while. I do not understand the logic of why a pressure tank would make the pump cycle any more than a system without a tank. IMO the system would always be charged and ready. Unless it is an oversized pump it will run continuously as long as the valves are...
  7. Randyj

Which pump do I need?

Simple answer is "because we want to".... The old pump died. It is in a recreational lake and since a girl died from ESD (electrical shock drowning) there has been a heightened fear of electrical wires in the water. So, the nearest thing to a safe solution and to keep the neighborhood happy...
  8. Randyj

Which pump do I need?

I'm flipping back and forth about which pump to buy and whether or not to use a tank. IMO, I think I would be better with a pressure tank and slightly oversized pump. We are replacing a submersible pump with one that will mount on the pier in our lake. The submersible was installed with a...
  9. Randyj

Sizing tankless water heater

Yep... that's kinda how I feel about the sun, moon, and rain.
  10. Randyj

Since this application is for a lake house there is little concern about the temperature rise. I'm almost complete with the installation of the RUR98i so by Friday evening I'll know how well it heats and will have a little experience with the controls. It is lauded to be an exceptionally...
  11. Randyj

Thanks for the input. I've installed a few tankless water heaters but the customers have always provided them so I didn't have to do the research. As far as I know they are all pleased with their choice. This time it is one of my regular customers who live in a luxury home and depend on me to...
  12. Randyj

I've had a little experience with installing new construction tankless water heaters. Now I have a customer with a leaking water heater. He has a large upscale house with two 50 gallon propane water heaters and a recirculation system. The furthest distance to a shower is 65 ft. There are 3...
  13. Randyj

Ground to neutral question, mobile home

ok. On my laptop the one I am referring to is on the right.
  14. Randyj

So...according to what you are saying the bottom picture is correct/best?
  15. Randyj

My bud asked me to help him with his mobile home installation. He had failed to run a ground wire from the switch box at the meter to the switch box inside. The diagram on the box says the neutral has to be grounded and the ground wire has to be connected to a ground rod. Everything I've read...
  16. Randyj

Gasoline Storage tank question

yep... could happen at big time marinas and service stations just as well... and they're not nearly as well designed to be protected from lightning strikes as metal boat docks are. There is a reason that tanks are required to be a minimum distance from other buildings whether above or below...
  17. Randyj

hmmm... my van has a 24 gallon tank. So I'm riding around like 192 sticks of dynamite.... In the real world, this still is not significantly different than gasoline being dispensed anywhere else on water front property. One problem is that an old outboard gets about 2 to 2 1/2 miles per...
  18. Randyj

WJ... I totally understand your view. There are HUGE cultural differences all over the USA as well as on this lake. Before it got popular on the internet it was mostly populated by locals and a few celebrities who like to hide out and not be noticed. Once the developers got wind of this place...
  19. Randyj

Well just call me a stupid redneck... nothing personal, but that sounds a lot like paranoia. Marinas pretty much do exactly this with far more gasoline and tankers tote this stuff around all the time. Yes, it is explosive, one of the most dangerous explosives known to man. That's how it...
  20. Randyj

True... so far my research has indicated that even people who deal with such plumbing for a living do not know a whole lot about this particular application. Everything is proposed to be above ground and not more than 100 gallon capacity. LOTS of regulations kick in once the capacity reaches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks