Search results

1. hayley3

Advice please to stop leak on my pressure washer at the hose connection

I tried plumbers tape but it leaks really bad..I hope there is something I can do, that maybe I don't know about. There's a knob on the pressure washer that I turn to thread it onto the hose end..it's not easy to turn because it's located right next to the wheel but it's seems tight enough.
  2. hayley3

Water pressure

I had a new water meter installed so I could run a water line from it to an outside barn faucet. First thing in the morning I fill water buckets and the spray is very powerful but after I turn it off and turn it back on to use again the stream is so small I can't even spray off bird poo on my...
  3. hayley3

Shower arm issue

I had a handyman install a new shower. The pipe you thread the shower arm onto is recessed inside the wall. So to screw on the shower arm, I push the shower arm inside the drywall. My issue is, if it's leaking, how would I know since the joint between the two pieces is inside the wall? Is...
  4. hayley3

Installed new kitchen spout but now

but now I have a drip. I tightened the nut again so not sure why it's dripping. I read that it's normally the handle is the cause of drips but it wasn't dripping until I replaced the spout and the aerator. Any help appreciated. :) Thanks, Cheryl
  5. hayley3

Moen sent me wrong spout (I think) and now I can't get old spout back on

Please help! I am including pictures of old and new spout. I'm pretty sure they sent me the wrong part but after looking at it more carefully...maybe not. Do I remove those two o rings to get off the nut? And which way does that white thing go? Thanks, Cheryl
  6. hayley3

Removing old adhesive from concrete

To keep water out of the garage, a contractor glued down a threshold at the entrance. I need to replace the threshold but I cannot get up the old adhesive. Was hoping someone might know of a solution. I tried flooring adhesive remover but it didn't work. I was not sure where to post the...
  7. hayley3

Help to unscrew spout collar

I have every tool imaginable but none of them can grip the collar of the spout I'm trying to remove. What tool do I need? I have a Pipe wrench, several crescent wrenches, locking pliers in two sizes. I cannot even tighten the Pipe Wrench enough for it to get a grip. I am desperate...help...
  8. hayley3

Toilet arm lever is too big to fit

I needed to replace the bulb so I decided to replace the arm at the same time, just for the learning experience. My problem is the square plastic shank??? of the arm lever does not fit all the way into the hole in the porcelain tank. How can I wittle that down so the handle will fit flush...
  9. hayley3

Help drilling into fiberglass surround!!

So I didn't have a 5/8 inch drill bit so I bought this one: http://www.sears.com/dewalt-dw5241-5-8-inch-x-6-inch/p-SPM10763250719?redirectType=SRDT And that didn't work so I used a 5/8 inch spade bit. However now, the hole is not big enough for the toggle itself. I tried hammering the bolt...
  10. hayley3

Drilling into fiberglass surround ?

Do I need a special bit to drill into the shower surround. I don't want it to crack it if I don't have the correct bit. I need to make two 5/8 inch holes to attach the slide bar. Thanks, Cheryl
  11. hayley3

Installing a handheld shower with Ell (Newbie)

I bought a Moen handheld shower and it uses an Ell. I'm nervous about what I"m going to find when I remove the shower arm from the pipe behind the wall, if I can even do that. I'm following the instructions from this web page: Remove the existing showerhead, if there is one, by unscrewing it...
  12. hayley3

Lift rod location when purchasing faucet

I bought a Peerless bathroom faucet to replace the one in my mobile home bathroom. I pulled the faucet as far forward as I could with the threaded pipes touching the front but the hole for the Lift Rod on the faucet is too far back. The old faucet had the lift rod sitting between the faucet...
  13. hayley3

Anti-siphon outdoor faucet

Hi, Everytime I attach the hose to my outdoor faucet, water shoots up thru the top, where the black cap is. I managed to get the cap off and there is a hole with some black rubber showing. (I guess it's a gasket) As long as I don't attach the hose, the water comes out thru the faucet, but I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks