Search results

1. Leejosepho

Does anyone here know much about making or repairing dentures?!

Ten years ago I was in the process of getting an upper denture and a partial lower when my old-school dentist met the end of his days. I still had four upper teeth to be pulled and he told me to never let anyone pull the remaining six on the bottom. All was well with the ten teeth I still had...
  2. Leejosepho

Please recommend a proximity sensor, some lighting and video

I recently had a theft from my carport, and I want to add some lights and surveillance since I have no way to lock-and-key everything as a police officer has suggested. So, I need a simple security sensor that can toggle some lights (needed also), a few minutes of video (also needed) and maybe...
  3. Leejosepho

Some kind of script error; IE8 sometimes locking up; bogus "Private Message" notices

While posting (or maybe just while editing a post), I have occasionally been getting a notice from IE8 that some kind of script is taking too long and causing trouble, and I suspect that might be coming from whatever it is that sometimes places commercial advertising within posts...and then...
  4. Leejosepho

My vitrectomy, and no, it had nothing to do with sex!

About 5 years ago, my optometrist said she could make my vision no better because I was developing "macular pucker with epiretinal membrane" in both eyes. In different terms, it is like the "film" at the backs of my "cameras" had begun bulging forward while being covered by cloudy, wrinkled...
  5. Leejosepho

Question about wiring a CT87B Honeywell thermostat

I knew our furnace was not cycling properly, so I decided to move our thermostat to a different wall while also replacing the old T87F Honeywell...and then I discovered what I think is a wiring problem that essentially bypasses the anticipator that had not been set correctly anyway. note: The...
  6. Leejosepho

Your opinion on a used WH, please

I have a used electric water heater I had replaced for my wife's aunt after it quit working. I suspect it needs either an element or a new control. Before doing anything else, I pulled the anode rod to try to assess the tank's condition, and only about a foot of 1/8" wire was left on the rod...
  7. Leejosepho

My latest fabrication of "stuff" ...

I used my computer to do my homework so I could build this latest addition to my "stuff" ... Anybody wanna go for a ride?! Here is my build thread if you want to see how this came together: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711538
  8. Leejosepho

12/2 UF-B in attic?

I need to run power to my two new vents in the roof, and I have a new piece of 12/2 UF-B w/G I would like to use rather than spending more money for regular wire. Any problem with that? I ask because the UF-B has such heavy sheathing and I do not know whether that could be a problem in a hot...
  9. Leejosepho

Help me sort this one out, please ....!

All had been well since our service upgrade a few weeks ago, and I have not messed with anything since. About one week ago and right after I had gone to bed, my wife and I heard three or four buzzing sounds coming from our breaker panel in an adjoining bedroom, and then the 30A breaker for the...
  10. Leejosepho

Is this box too small for this GFCI outlet?

This is the GFCI outlet I had mentioned in cacher_chick's thread -- my apology for that hijack -- and all is well now that I have pulled it out of the box. The circuit had been fine in the past and was then disconnected for a while, then it tripped the breaker in the main panel after I recently...
  11. Leejosepho

How to repair a washing-machine tub (plastic, possibly PVC)

My wife found the head of a bolt in the drum of our washing machine a couple of days ago, and today I found its origin. The bolt-head had broken off from the hub holding the washer's drum to the center spindle, and that had allowed the drum to spin out-of-true and rub a hole in the outer tub...
  12. Leejosepho

Service Upgrade completed!

Here is how things finally ended up with our service upgrade. This house had been built with a 60-amp, 6-circuit XO panel inside, then an exterior panel had been added later on for some 240V circuits (dryer, oven, A/C and detached workshop) with everything still being fed by the original 60A...
  13. Leejosepho

Question about new wire for washer/dryer combo: What do I need?

The electrician I have coming to finally upgrade my service entrance and main panel is unavailable for a couple of days, and I need to go get some wire (tomorrow) before I can talk with him again. He does not take credit cards and I only have enough cash for his labor and miscellaneous parts...
  14. Leejosepho

JWELECTRIC will not be bullying me into silence!

Yes and for some reason it now seems he cannot accept the fact that I now understand no significant amount of current was flowing to ground during the short I had in my panel. Oh well. And, I talked with my brother last night, and he also understands that. In the report of the situation at...
  15. Leejosepho

Can a load center have a breaker as large as its main?

I have a 30-amp feed going back to my detached workshop, and here is the load center in the workshop ... I have a great-working old 120V arc welder that needs 30 amps ...
  16. Leejosepho

Any BCD experts here?!

I have posted this over at the "Windows Secrets Lounge", but maybe there is an expert hiding behind a plunger over here ... Help!!! ==================================== Greetings. I have a very unusual situation here, and there is no standard or easy or simple fix. So, I am hoping...
  17. Leejosepho

Big Root Problem - Keep Cleaning or Replace Line?

My wife and I just moved 900 miles and into my mother-in-law's house for the purpose of trying to get my mother-in-law out of a nursing home and back into her own home. We are inside the city limits, and we have a straight 70' line of root-(Magnolia and Oak)-infested 4" clay pipe 2' below the...
  18. Leejosepho

Can I safely modify a Briggs exhaust?

I just posted this question at a Q&A site, but then thought about all the experts here ... My old 8hp Briggs engine (170702-1017-01) on my old JD mower recently lost most of its compression over a period of a few weeks (due to bad valves, I believe, since it did not use any oil or smoke), and...
  19. Leejosepho

Are my "semi-shared neutrals" a problem?

I just installed a pair of 3-way switches for the two lights for my basement stairway. The power goes to the switch at the top of the stairs, and the lights are fed by the switch at the bottom. However, one side of the light at the bottom of the stairway is connected to a neutral for a circuit...
  20. Leejosepho

Why a small shock through a switch that was off?

I just added a new circuit in my basement, and I am sure I did everything correctly. I ran Romex to a junction box, then wired down to a switchbox box with two switches. One of the switches is lighted when off, and I had the power on while attaching its single light a few feet away ... and I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks