Search results

1. P

Leaking Bathtub

Good News! Well, so far at least.....I did the water test - filled the tub half way to the overflow drain, stood in it as well- waited 5 minutes and drained it. My neighbor reports no leaks! I think this may be the fix because when it leaked last time I used the bath I am pretty positive no...
  2. P

Leaking Bathtub

The roll of plumber's putty is made under the brand Master Plumber of Tru Value Hardware. It's 5/8" wide and 54" long. It has a paperbacking to keep it from sticking to itself when rolled up. I had gone back and wrapped it around twice and tightened it up - it did ooze out as you said and I...
  3. P

Leaking Bathtub

Thanks - I indeed went out this morning and bought the tool, the wrench and a roll of plummer's putty (not tape)...$22 - Removing the drain worked perfectly. I unscrewed the drain and saw that the old plummers putty looked like it missed a section - it wasn't completely around the drain. I don't...
  4. P

Leaking Bathtub

Much appreciated - I'll try it!
  5. P

Leaking Bathtub

Thanks jadnashua - no the tub does not flex at all. It's a cast iron Kohler K-520 apron tub and sits on a concrete slab. I don't have a pic to include - gotta get me one of those digital cameras!
  6. P

Leaking Bathtub

Thanks plumber1 - no, the business end faces right, a cinderblock wall which is the condo's hallway wall. If it faced left it would have been my internal closet wall and it would be easy to go through that to get to the pipes. What other tests would need to be done? I already know: 1) It does...
  7. P

Leaking Bathtub

Is he for real??? I called a plumber who told me before he would come over I should do a test:Fill the tub half way with water and if it leaks into my neighbor's ceiling below me, that the problem is in the drain (thus not the spill over or the spigot) and the only way to fix it is to go...
  8. P

Leaking Bathtub

Thanks folks for your responses - I will check out your suggestions.
  9. P

Leaking Bathtub

I live in a 4th floor condo and remodeled my bathroom 2 years ago - all went well- the problem has been, while I can take a shower with no problem I can't take a bath at all without my neighbor below me knocking on my door within 20 minutes to complain that water is coming through his bathroom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks