Search results

1. P

Removing waste pipe from foundation wall

Took your recommendations to stick with 4" piping. Rather than chisel, rented ($70) a chipping hammer which melted the concrete like butter, easily loosening the existing cast iron and also allowing me to slightly enlarge the hole so that I can pass the thicker walled 4" PVC through. Worked like...
  2. P

Thank you, Gary and Jim That's what I was afraid of...not OK to reduce a waste pipe. Time to earn some of that sweat equity!
  3. P

My home's cast iron 4" gravity waste pipe fractured comletely off at interior edge of 15" thick foundation wall. A second complete fracture exists 9" outside foundation. Pipe is strongly bonded to foundation concrete, and the concrete is over 50 years old. Is it acceptable to descale interior of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks