Search results

1. jdewees

Under ground water main

I exposed the water line and it is all 1" copper,I am in a very tight situation which will make it harder to flare with my hammer type flare tool.I am a heavy equipment operator and we normally do not work with anything lower then 1 1/4 and we use these fittings that resemble compression...
  2. jdewees

Under ground water main

Does anyone know the name of the compression fittings used for underground water service? The ones with the rubber ferrals.And if the there is a legal way to addapt copper to steel underground? I have not dug it up yet and I am hoping that it is copper to make my life easier...
  3. jdewees

Main sewer line blockage--roots. How would you proceed?

If you can get through the blockage then you need to figure out exactly where the soil line is and how deep.You can take a 2" hand auger and drill several holes over the pipe (Where you can without tearing up any concrete or asphalt) stop about 30" above the pipe.Then you need to take 1" 1/2 PVC...
  4. jdewees

Replacing sewer line - connection to main

Pending on how far away the main is from the sidewalk,and pending size of the old pipe you sometimes can slide the PVC through the terra cotta into the main.I have done several jobs like this and it worked great. Good Luck
  5. jdewees

drains bubbling and "sewer smell"

It is very well possible that the roof vent may be clogged.You may have to clinb up on the roof and look inside the 4" vent with a flash light.I have ran into cases where a bird would build a nest in the vent and this would cause a similar situation
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks