Search results

1. SpeedWrench

Replacing toilet flange

Wow...I didn't know their prices could be so competitive...thanks for the heads up...:D
  2. SpeedWrench

faucet "off position"

mmc...just a hunch....maybe the valves they are talking about are the existing water shutoff valves in your water lines to the shower....:)
  3. SpeedWrench

Replacing toilet flange

Luken...The flange I drilled out was "very" easy to do. The lead posed no difficulty to drill through. Took maybe 10 minutes and only needed one drill bit. No harm to the drill bit at all.
  4. SpeedWrench

Replacing toilet flange

Hey Randy...Yeah, I've found that Lowes and Homey Depot both have their strengths and weaknesses. Around here Lowes has a great display of plumbing parts up on their wall above the parts and Homey Depot has a somewhat embarrassing few shelves of toilet plumbing as if it is an after-thouight...
  5. SpeedWrench

Replacing toilet flange

Luken....another thought came to mind about your PVC flange. That flange you have pictured is a 4x3 flange with a 3" vertical drop. My replacement flange was 4x2. Make sure the 3" drop will fit in your application. My flange goes immediately into an elbow and I don't think a 4x3 flange would...
  6. SpeedWrench

Replacing toilet flange

Luken...I have recently done exactly what you are going through now. I removed an old cast iron flange and replaced it with a similar new flange like you have except my new flange is cast iron with the rubber gasket that fits on the inside of the cast iron waste pipe. It works just fine. I am...
  7. SpeedWrench

Rocking toilets (not a band)

Quick question: What is the main reason for caulking around the base of a toilet? I just installed a new toilet and shimed it. It is rock solid on the floor. I would like to leave it uncaulked to see any future leaks immediately. Other then to comply with code requirements or to steady a...
  8. SpeedWrench

Flange height

Thanks jad for your help and patience....
  9. SpeedWrench

Flange height

Thanks Jim. Can you give me some tips for removing the old flange?
  10. SpeedWrench

Flange height

Thanks jad for your response. I need to replace a toilet that is using cast iron pipe after I put down a sub-floor and floor tile. Could you briefly explain the steps I would take after I remove the old toilet to properly install a new toilet on top of the finished floor or should I leave...
  11. SpeedWrench

Flange height

Great forum. Just joined but have been visiting and learning for a while. I can't seem to find an answer to this question which I know for you veterans will be easy to answer. I know the toilet flange is mounted on top of the finished floor BUT how far can the flange be seperated from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks