Search results

1. KULTULZ

Location of Sand Trap?

...hmm... Sounds good to me (I am not a professional). Any further comments? Would a system such as attached protect the pump if the sand/sediment filter actually plugged? Not have to worry about a relief valve relieving pump pressure? -...
  2. KULTULZ

Legal Kitchen Sink Drain?

I am installing a single fiberglass tub. I would like the trap arm to extend towards the wall (for future enclosure) and run along and within a future wet wall. The problem is it's having to pass the vertical drain pipe to reach the main vent pipe. It just seems to me that it can be connected...
  3. KULTULZ

It seems I threw confusion into the discussion by the showing of the kitchen sink drain (2nd photo). That tee (vent) (I ass-u-me) this is what is under discussion here) is lying on it's back but is rotated approx thirty degrees and I am ass-u-meing that this is correct as this was how it was...
  4. KULTULZ

Who shouldn't get a check?

No constructive reason to cut Congress checks. It is only pocket money (other than the benefits). They are well compensated through PACS and other bribe methods. If you as a citizen want an honest government, you will have to form a PAC and bribe them out of what you want. After all, we have...
  5. KULTULZ

Maybe they were not concerned about how far the plumbing rough-in stood out as there were no plans to finish the wall? Shown is a somewhat similar application (I believe) I came across where both a vertical and horizontal drain are included into one main drain, the PVC on the right (vertical)...
  6. KULTULZ

A little blue pill and the Dentist

Prior to my first divorce... My old lady got all dolled up and presented me with three blue pills. She then had me chase them with GERITOL WITH EXTRA IRON... Once swallowed, she picked up a suitcase and headed for a waiting cab... ...mumbling something about going on a month long...
  7. KULTULZ

Again Gentlemen, Thanx... One last question- Would it be permissible to empty the LT drain into the kitchen sink down pipe (sanitary tee) as to permit easier wall finish (framing) (moving the drain pipe closer to the wall) at a later date? Thanks to all who have replied.
  8. KULTULZ

Help with 2" Cast Iron Hub

Congratulations! Very impressive and informative.
  9. KULTULZ

Thank You Terry... So the laundry tub is plumbed correctly by going directly to the vent base (sanitary tee) and not into the actual kitchen drain pipe?
  10. KULTULZ

You must read minds. This house (circa late forties) has block walls with a brick face. The drywall is against the block (maybe with furring strips as an electrician had trouble pulling a line for the GD). The drain pipe this is on (dedicated) runs along the block wall below (basement...
  11. KULTULZ

Is this I WANT-TO-BE-A-PLUMBER TOUGH LOVE SESSION? You should have seen what I cut out. I reasoned the SCH 40 would be a better system than the thin wall tubing used previously (it even sported two separate traps). Actually, there is a PVC adapter at the wall that screws into a CI 90...
  12. KULTULZ

Below Is Text From Another Thread With A Similar Problem- Is a sanitary tee (PVC SCH 40) available with an internal baffle?
  13. KULTULZ

:eek: I see said the blind man. Because the outlet was placed so low at the rear of the sink cabinet (P-TRAP will be on cabinet floor), will a AAV alleviate this and where exactly does it need to be placed? Thanx for the quick and informative reply... :cool:
  14. KULTULZ

Gentlemen, I recently re-plumbed a neighbor's kitchen sink drain (dual sink-disposal) and am now wondering if the layout constitutes an S-TRAP? And can the S-TRAP be explained as I cannot pull it out (understand) from tech materials? Again, Thanx For Sharing Your Knowledge
  15. KULTULZ

HJ, I will remove the present galvanized pipe (pressed into cast iron hub in floor) and replace with hubless cast iron into the hub. The neoprene gaskets are not up to the job? How does one use the ferrules? Are they necessary for hub/spigot to hubless?
  16. KULTULZ

Can someone explain how to use a caulking ferrule? I am going to have the same problem with a neighbor's house and would like to know how to replace existing galvanized to 2" hub properly with CI NH. I hate to hijack a thread but I think this info should be contained within this thread for...
  17. KULTULZ

Firewall Outlet Box Placement(s)

You misunderstood as I did not fully explain due to resizing photos (still learning here also). I realize what it is you are saying, but this is the first thing I found after stripping the cabinets- There was an illegal junction point @ the 20A MW outlet. I finally figured the electrician...
  18. KULTULZ

MY main concern is liability. I surely do not want to be responsible for loss of life due to ignorance on my part. This is a kitchen re-do that just got out of hand due to poor builder craftsmanship. You wouldn't believe the electrical and plumbing faults I found behind that drywall. The whole...
  19. KULTULZ

I cannot see the adjoining condo receptacles. I only have six penetrations to worry about. I think I will caulk and use- -and cover guards (covers are plastic) just to be safe. Again, THANX GUYS! Proper info is difficult to find and understand... :cool:
  20. KULTULZ

GOOD POINT... But who would guess? UL labeled, correct?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks