Search results

1. HoneySuckle

Toto Drake soft close

I have read on other sites that the soft close Toto toilet seats are a pain in the butt:eek: Not sure why some don't like it but they said something about the curvature of the seat? Anywhooo..had my Toto installed minus a seat and was about to head out the door to Lowes or HD for what others...
  2. HoneySuckle

Miracle 511 sealer?

Has anyone used this sealer for grout? What sealer would you recommend?
  3. HoneySuckle

Acid wash?

Why does the tile contractor recommend using an acid wash on my kitchen floor (concrete) before installing tiles? The floor has been exposed for several months since we removed the vinyl. Most other contractors said it needs some prep, but no one mentioned acid wash. Is this normal procedure?
  4. HoneySuckle

Level cure and bigger tiles

Do you always use level cure for 20 x 20 tile install? The flooring in question does not look uneven to most of the tile people that came to measure. One woman suggested level cure, two other tile reps said it wasn't necessary from what they saw of my flooring.
  5. HoneySuckle

Hardi board over drywall?

I had a contractor put up drywall and then hardiboard over it. Then the tile guy came by and said that was not done properly. What is the correct type of install for a bathtub hardibacker install please? The tile guy also said that the hardiboard on the floor should have been laid with...
  6. HoneySuckle

Using all my glass tiles as a border/decoration

Hi, we have a bathroom remodel underway and I found out that I need to buy 11 sq ft (case) of 2 x 2 glass tiles, but in fact, only need 6 sq ft for my border. The area to be tiled is a standard bathtub surround. Any tips or pics with designs? We are trying for a modern look. There will also...
  7. HoneySuckle

Installing new toilet

Our old flooring in the bathroom was vinyl, but now we're having tiles installed. The tile guy installed Hardiboard on the floor over the subflooring, and then of course the tiles go on top of this which brings me to the question... Does all this buildup cause problems when trying to...
  8. HoneySuckle

Durock or Hardi backer?

I interviewed a tilesetter yesterday and asked him which he uses and he prefers Durock. I also interviewed another contractor who said that Hardi board is porous and Durock is not. I told them both that since we have a tub, I want Kerdi used to make sure there is no moisture problems. They...
  9. HoneySuckle

Choosing an attic ladder

Would you buy an aluminum or steel ladder for the attic? We have a wooden one that is 12 years old and it is falling apart and dangerous. We checked out some at Lowes but don't know if they're good enough. Any suggestions or recommendations on ladders? Thanks in advance:)
  10. HoneySuckle

Granite support for island

I had three wooden corbels made up for my island overhang but think they look very old fashioned and my kitchen has a modern look. Our granite install is not due for another two weeks so what can I use in place of these wooden corbels? I really don't like them:o My island will have...
  11. HoneySuckle

Mortar to set bath tub?

Is there a specific type of mortar to set a bath tub?:confused:
  12. HoneySuckle

Do we set the tub and then put up wall?

We are taking out the tub completely and going to install another. Do we need to put it on some type of mortar? Also, do we put up whatever vapor barrier and wall before setting the tub or after? I am thinking after but want to make sure. Thanks!
  13. HoneySuckle

How do you remove a bath tub?

I cannot remember if this was posted by me before (been awhile since I stopped by) but how on earth does a DIYer remove a tub? It is not cast iron but does not seem as flimsy as the tubs today, prolly about 18 years old builder's grade:confused: We started taking down the tiles by cutting...
  14. HoneySuckle

Help! Glued down laminate tiles

We are trying to remove some horribly generic looking laminate tiles that appears to have been glued down with some mean glue. Digging and trying to break pieces off isn't so easy. What kind of tools do I need to lift these off? My son is helping and we're using something that looks like a...
  15. HoneySuckle

Mirror removal

We have two mirrors in a bathroom that has to be taken down and I was wondering if this is a safe, easy DIY job or do I need to hire someone? I believe they glued them on. What tools do we need, and of course, safety clothing.
  16. HoneySuckle

Plumbing question

Our cabinets are not ready but I wondered about having the plumber come out and work on the pipes for sink area and maybe hooking back the old sink for use. Some say they won't do this work until cabinets are installed which does not make sense. What is the proper procedure? Does he have to...
  17. HoneySuckle

Drywall help and instructions

Long story short, the drywall guy we hired turned out to be a crook! He did most of the work, and silly me fell for the story about his financial problems so I gave him the last check BEFORE he completed some smaller areas cut by the electrician:( Why do some of these guys make the industry...
  18. HoneySuckle

Bathroom remodel help needed please

We are replacing a tub, toilet and vanity. Ripping out all the old tiles and going down to the studs. I suspect some moisture problems because that bathroom has a musty scent no matter how much cleaning I do:rolleyes: Question. Contractor said he has to put in drywall, mud, sand etc...
  19. HoneySuckle

Dripping sounds from bathroom

Anytime my kids take a shower we hear a dripping sound downstairs but don't see a leake anywhere. What would cause this? Could water be getting between the tiles? The only area we have seen damp is behind our stove but we thought it might be the refrigerator's ice maker causing this or...
  20. HoneySuckle

Plumbing Experts: Choosing bathroom faucets

I am looking at Grohe Eurodisc Lavato faucet but now I'm wondering if I have to pay attention to where this is mounted in relation to the drain in the sink:confused: When choosing some of these European made/styled faucets is there anything we need to pay attention to as far as function...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks