Search results

1. N

Boiler in 105 year old home

fundamental question That makes sense....but it brings one additional (fundamental) question to mind...and again I apologize because I have no experience with boilers.... does a boiler always have water at temperature (essentially constant temp) throughout the entire heating part of the...
  2. N

Copper Pipe - 10 foot lengths??

Recycler Although not ideal...the local recycler in our area sells pieces of pipe which are in good shape (I bought a 2 ft piece of 2" that way). Maybe worth a call to see if they have some in your area.
  3. N

one more thing Oh…one more thing…I haven’t personally seen the bills but I’ve been told the gas bill can hit $1000 per month in the dead of winter in Lincoln Nebraska in this building. It just seems high to me even based on all of the other factors noted. PS. I observed individual...
  4. N

Update Here is some additional information and thanks for all of your input so far. First a boiler upgrade may be in the future but is at least 2 years out. Unfortunately almost ALL valves are frozen in individual apartments so little if any adjustment is made. Yes to the hot...
  5. N

SITUATION: 50 year old boiler running classic radiators on 100 year old house (converted into 8 apartments). Boiler and pump kick in for 30 – 100 seconds then turn off. Boiler pressure appears between 18 and 20. Temperature is well below 70 degrees. When I first turned on the boiler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks