Search results

1. riverdale

Toilet Flange Height Problem After Remodeling

Hey Ahmad, I found the 3" version in the Toronto area (GTA) at a local plumbing supply house. Generally not sold to the public, just contractors, but they just told me to lie and say I was a contractor....easy. Not cheap, given that it's essentially a regular toilet flange with an additional...
  2. riverdale

Toilet flange too low

Just to add to what Terry said above about stacking the white rings/wafers and NOT to do it.... Looks like I found the source of occasional sewer smell in my basement bathroom (see pictures). The EXISTING set-up is detailed below, but even with 3 extender rings, it still resulted in the toilet...
  3. riverdale

Toilet Flange Height Problem After Remodeling

Hey there Ahmad, any luck finding a 3" version of the PUSHTITE in Toronto? I'm looking for exactly the same thing. I can find the OATEY Twist-N-Set locally but that is designed for cast iron, although people seem to us not for PVC and ABS as well. However, I'm concerned about the internal...
  4. riverdale

Front apron support (required or not?) for Maax alcove bathtub

That sounds like a good idea. I used non-shrink grout under the entire tub as the “mortar” base. It’s not cheap, but it’s good solid stuff. I was considering using it under the apron as well but decided to go with the floor patch compound. I just figured it would be easier to work with, as its...
  5. riverdale

I posted a response to you question so hopefully you got a notification.

I posted a response to you question so hopefully you got a notification.
  6. riverdale

At first, I set the cleats at exactly the height that Maax spec’d in their instructions. However, I couldn’t get it to sit properly level when test-fitting it dry at that level. And trust me, the cleats were spot-on level. I think the problem was due to one of the legs being slightly wonky. I...
  7. riverdale

A couple of pics, although they don’t really show too much. The first one shows the light grey patching compound flush with the front of the apron, filling the gap between the apron and the floor. The wedges you see are the apron was resting on while I applied the compound. Also, the...
  8. riverdale

Wet vent for bathtub in bathroom/laundry (Ontario)

Sink @ K -L: OK I’ll take a closer look at how much room I have and see how I can do this in that location. Toilet: The toilet has a 2” vent coming off the 3” toilet drain at location D. It is approximately 5’ or so from the toilet itself to location D. Thank you.
  9. riverdale

Rethinking this AGAIN, so please ignore my above suggestion to reverse things as that also doesn’t work..... Hoping to keep it clear and concise: Diagram shows a dry vent for the washer - Allowed Diagram shows right sink is also dry vented - Allowed Left sink is wet vented by the washer -...
  10. riverdale

Hey “RAMROD” you asked how it worked out.... -Made sure my tub was precisely level and touching my level cleats all around the tiling flange perimeter. -Put mortar under the tub and squished the tub down so it was touching the level cleats. -This left a gap under the bottom edge of the apron...
  11. riverdale

Hey there, so I basically did what I said in my last post...I’ll post a detailed response there...

Hey there, so I basically did what I said in my last post...I’ll post a detailed response there as there is a character limit to messages here.
  12. riverdale

Thanks Terry...Somehow I knew that washer was going to be the problem... OK, so two further clarifications: 1) Since the washer can't wet vent anything....that also means the lavs (J) MUST connect ABOVE the washer (I) so I will need to reverse what's shown on my diagram. Is that correct...
  13. riverdale

With all the self-isolation going on here in Toronto, I’ve had the chance to poke around some more. I had posted previously (not in this Canadian forum, which somehow I missed!?) and got some great info. and advice. However, now I see what’s already there (structure, plumbing, electrical, and...
  14. riverdale

Mmmm.....just heard back from Maax: It is important to have a level floor prior to installation. The apron must be perfectly leveled and touching the floor. Once this is done, if the tub is uneven, you must use wood shims to be used only on the rear wooden blocks or use self leveling mortar...
  15. riverdale

Thanks Terry. Looking at this setup it seems I’ll be able to get mortar almost all the way to the front edge of the tub, just a little behind the apron (but not too close!). That should give it plenty of support. I’m waiting to hear back from Maax that the apron is OK when not resting on the...
  16. riverdale

Taking a closer look at how the apron is connected to the underlying wood support base of the tub itself. I’ve attached a picture, and it seems the apron is connected to the wood support that runs the full length and width of the tub floor itself. I will be filling the gap beneath the tub (2” in...
  17. riverdale

I am installing a Maax Exhibit 6036 IFS AFR Bathtub, in an alcove, which has an integrated apron. My question is this... Does the front apron need to be resting directly on the floor? Along its full length? It seems to me that it would, otherwise, what happens when somebody sits on the edge of...
  18. riverdale

Adding a cleanout ~5’ away from WYE toilet connection

Excellent, thanks again Reach4! I didn't think there was an issue but wanted to double check the ~4' "dead space" upstream of the WYE wasn't going to be an issue with solids building up etc. Having said that, the toilet which is also connected to that WYE, has a nice gradual curve to it so flow...
  19. riverdale

Adding a cleanout ~5’ away from WYE toilet connection

I now have the opportunity to add a cleanout in my second floor bathroom (Ontario, Canada). See attached diagram. The drain from Location A -B is in a relatively inaccessible kitchen bulkhead below the floor joists. However, if I extend the drain line from B-C I can add a cleanout which would...
  20. riverdale

DWV Fittings check for bathroom & laundry (Ontario, Canada)

Ahhhhh.....! Excellent. Thank you. I’m making my shopping list right now.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks