Search results

1. scoobydo

Problem: Backed up House

My friend is really frustrated right now. His house plumbing backed up and is unable to find the source. They called a plumber out and he ran 150 feet of snake and nothing. He suggested that it was a city problem and he should call them. He called the city and they came out only to tell him...
  2. scoobydo

Toilet Gurgles in Apartment Complex

It really sounds like you hit the nail on the head. I have not had any gurgling since they came out to open things up. (fingers crossed) However, it was not once in a while. The thing gurgled at least 2 or 3 times a week for as long as we have lived here, about 2 years. Who would I contact to...
  3. scoobydo

Thats what I don't understand. The Main drain is huge and is connected to all 6 apartments on my side of the building. I am the only one who had a sewage backup. If the stoppage was in the main drain, more than just my apartment would have been backed up. A backup would have spread to all the...
  4. scoobydo

Sorry, forgot the pic.
  5. scoobydo

In this picture I indicated with red lines, the sections he took off to look. 5 sections in all. You mentioned vents? It should have them or it shouldn't?
  6. scoobydo

Update So They came out to look at my toilet. They went downstairs and opened the pipes to my toilet all the way to the huge main line and found no clog or problem at all. I enclosed pictures of the setup underneath. The main line (not pictured) looks huge (About 10 inches in diameter) so i...
  7. scoobydo

I called and they sent out somebody that night to clean up the mess and pull the carpet. The next day they sent out a professional cleaning crew. Once everything was dry, they sent out a carpet cleaner to steam clean and disinfect the carpets near the area. We were inconvenienced for about 4...
  8. scoobydo

I will do that. I documented everything during the sewage backup, going as far as saving all e-mails and actual mail correspondance from the complex manager. I have everything in a nice folder as well as very graphic pictures of the sewage spill. So I am safe in assuming that this is a...
  9. scoobydo

Well, this is pretty upscale place and management is pretty attentive. They have been really attentive to this issue since it happened. So again, what should my recourse be? Should professional plumbers come to my unit or should they be looking at the pipes under the building?
  10. scoobydo

Would they do that from my apartment, or underneath where all the pipes are at?
  11. scoobydo

Why do you say that? Is the problem not fixable?
  12. scoobydo

Another detail I just remembered: On the night of the sewage backup, my wife recalls hearing the upstairs neighbor flushing the toilet like 20 times she says. The upstairs neighbor has like 5 cats. During the sewage backup, as I was waddling in the nasty sewage, I noticed that some of the...
  13. scoobydo

This is a little long, but PLEASE, I need some advice. So we live in a 3 story apartment complex. Ever since we moved in, one of our bathroom toilets periodically gurgles. When it does, the water level goes down. During this time, if you try to flush the toilet, the water just backs up in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks