Search results

1. M

Carpeting over floor draines...

I just read a post concerning floor drain smell from the basement. Some of you suggested pouring some type of oil down but no one suggested using antifreeze. Antifreeze does not evaporate. What do you guys think??? I have a radon mitigation system that pulles air out from under my basement...
  2. M

Water Heater Location?

I am moving my water heater to the opposite side of my house located in the laundry room. From what I have read on this thread I'm guesing it would be best to set the water heater on the opposite end of the laundry room away from the dryer and laundry chemicals? Mike
  3. M

Whirlpool Junk Water Heaters

Placement of W/H I am moving my water heater to the opposite side of my house located in the laundry room. From what I have read on this thread I'm guesing it would be best to set the water heater on the opposite end of the laundry room away from the dryer and laundry chemicals? Mike
  4. M

Water line vs. water pressure

Project is a go OK everyone - I took in consideration all the info you guys gave me and the project is underway as soon as it stops rainning here. I will replace the main line with 1" copper and let you all know the outcome. Thank you :) Mike
  5. M

Digging Answer He has a backhoe. I plan to move the line and H/W heater all to a new location on the side of the house where all water fixures are located in basement, first floor and second floor.
  6. M

Final question???? I understand galvenized pipe corrodes and possibly leaks after about 40 years. Pipe is over 50 years old. So, if the galvenized line coming from the tap and to my meter is corroded to the diameter of a pencil, would it be worth changing or should I just buy a pump assist. I...
  7. M

I'm learning here... The pressure was measured on an outside spigot with a pressure gauge. The water company installed a pump station about seven years ago before I moved in and they tell me that there is 70 psi AT THE HYDRANT. From your suggestions and answers I see a possible battle with the...
  8. M

Gas water heater (good - better - best)

Big Thanks Appreciate all the info. Now I have some insite on dealing with sales. Thank you guys. Mike
  9. M

I love this site man! I've been reading posts for thr past four hours. No really, FOUR hours, I can't believe people take time to help others like this. OK, now to my question...:) My house was built in the 50,s with a galvenized water line to the tap and lead line to the main. My water...
  10. M

A little search I read some past posts and replys and found some interesting answers to my question. I'm sure this question is asked frequent enough though. One brand I could not find info on is Maytag. Any thoughts? Other suggestions are still greatly appreciated Mike
  11. M

I will be replacing and moving my exsiting 40 gal gas water heater. Please help me make the right choice in quality. I need a natural gas, direct vent, 40 gal water heater. Which brand should I purchase? Any links would be helpful as well. Thank you Mike
  12. M

water line

I'm new to this web cite and this is my fist reply - everyone start clapping now. I live in Pennsylvania and I'm replacing my water line to. It was suggested that I go no less than 40". I'n not sure how much colder it is in New York though but 4 feet seems to be the standard. Good luck. Are you...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks